Trait - vegetarian, vegan

Sliderpro

It says for itself.

No meat things allowed 8-) Or unhappines will increase. 

It's a negative thing, because it makes your life hard or very hard. 

Good thing - it gives skill points (clyde) +4 and +6 maybe. Or +6 \ +10. Not eating meat and not eating both meat and fish would change the playstyle completely. I think, its a worthy addition.

I post this because older threads looks like dead and nobody remembered vegans :shock:

Not so dead topic with many good arguments againts it: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13321-vegan-trait/ so read it and you maybe see why it's bad idea.

Best argument in my opinion is that being vegan/vegetarian is a choice not something negative.

Someone in mentioned topic compared "vegan" trait idea to being muslim etc.

It's same thing. It's matter of choice not something negative.

If you want just don't feed your character with any meat etc.

ps. I'm vegan myself so it's not hating, it's just bad idea for trait.

The thing is, that in the game, nobody forces you to choose something. But, if we compare vegetarian and vegan trait with for example, low water requirements or better nigh vision or outdoorsman, then veg-smth is not advantageous, which makes your life harder, making trapping and fishing useless, increasing cooking and farming value sighnificantly and therefore gives + skill points, as it limits your development. 

I don't insist on the core idea - what it bad or good, but I believe, that it could be added for entertainment. This is a game, damnit. And this can make game go different than usuall. 

Maybe with a new system it is possible to add such a profession (vegetarian club member!) with unique permanent perk - veg-smth - which does not allow eating meat\fish\both and would cause unhappiness, poisoning, panic, SOMETHING but gives +2 to farming, +1 to foraging +1 cooking and additional +2\4 bonus points. I'd replace a burger flipper with this one, really  :geek:

This is a thing we don't have yet. It can be interesting and gamechanging. It allows to play the game in a very,very different way and could be done pretty easy. Nobody would force anyone, but those who seek extra challenge or prefer to play differently would definetely be happy with this. We already have trait to make you panic if we peform first aid, we already have trait to panic when outdoors and why not this next lol

If you want challenge then you can choice to don't eat meat etc in your gameplay.

Being vegan is choice not some mental disability or eating disorder.

So i think it's bad idea for trait.

I recommend you again to read topic i linked in my previous post.