Black Borders on Multiplayers

NewBornpt

Question

Hey guys,

Nowadays i can´t play PZ online because after 5-10 minutes I get the "Black Borders" issue, and the map won´t load anymore. when this happends I try to quit the game and i see that the game is not working in the task manager ... 

I currently have MS win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit... Intel core I5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 Ghz, 4,0 RAM, and my GPU is a NVIDIA GForce GTS 450...

This issue only happend in multiplayer, and only to me... in a server of about 8 people only I had black borders, with a ping of 60ms  I

have forward ports 16261 and 16261... 

Anyone knows a fix for this?

Thanks

15 answers to this question

Apparentl it has all to do with the server... Im in a French server now, with 50 Ping, and I didnt get a single Black  bborder in 1 day (real time) of gameplay... Problem wasnt a problem after all XD

FIXED :D

Let us know which server, and we can test from this end :)

Server is [FR]Public Project Zomboid France [ProjectZomboid.fr]  .. im from Portugal ,and a French server is the closest one I get... in like 2 or 3 days I Just saw 2 black borders, but they disappear 10-15 seconds later wich is quite acceptable. I didnt have to logout at all  to fix them ;)... In far away severs the problem continues :\ ... But Iam happy to play in the Frech server, and I assume this problem has to do with Lag... in this server I never had more then 56 Lag... in the ones I have Black Borders, I sometimes had 150 ...

Hope it helps ;)

Since it is not happening to any other players on your server, I doubt it is a server issue.

My guess is that its a RAM issue for you. It sounds like your rig is having trouble loading the map data that comes from the server and not your local machine.

A friend of my mine once had this issue and was running only 4gigs of RAM as well and he doubled his RAM to 8gigs and the problem went away.

Why the game needs more than 4 gigs of RAM is another questions altogether.

Apparentl it has all to do with the server... Im in a French server now, with 50 Ping, and I didnt get a single Black  bborder in 1 day (real time) of gameplay... Problem wasnt a problem after all XD

Server is [FR]Public Project Zomboid France [ProjectZomboid.fr]  .. im from Portugal ,and a French server is the closest one I get... in like 2 or 3 days I Just saw 2 black borders, but they disappear 10-15 seconds later wich is quite acceptable. I didnt have to logout at all  to fix them ;)... In far away severs the problem continues :\ ... But Iam happy to play in the Frech server, and I assume this problem has to do with Lag... in this server I never had more then 56 Lag... in the ones I have Black Borders, I sometimes had 150 ...

Hope it helps ;)

A lot of servers are hosted with OVH, which is actually france. Try checking out EU tagged servers.

And yes, the black borders are probably lag, do they vanish given enough time?

hmm, ty all, but i think I found a fix XD... The problem was that I used to ran as hell XD... I played today in a server in wich I had an average of 150 Ping, and I never saw a black border because I was more carefull... so my PC had more time to load the map... I believe that anyone that runs all the time will eventually find a black border... correct??? Ill be testing the multipklayer a little longer for sure ;)... 

Hope it helps ;)

A lot of servers are hosted with OVH, which is actually france. Try checking out EU tagged servers.

And yes, the black borders are probably lag, do they vanish given enough time?

Ok, tonight ill try to play a bit on other EU servers and see the result ;) 

Hmm in the other servers the black borders would stay forever... in this french server, the 2 times that appeared they disappeared 15 secs later ;)...

Ill report back as soon as I see the other EU servers ;)

Usually this is a server's issue(maybe your ping its not updating properly). We have a good RP server, If you want to play with us: 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/13227-zeeks-apocalypse-roleplay247-us-eastny-serverpvp24gb-ram

Maybe reduce the graphics of the game helps too.

Ill go to ur server today and try lowering the graphics to see how it goes ;) ... But i doubt that is the sollution :\. .. Only I had that issue and im not with the graphics that high :\

Ok, tonight ill try to play a bit on other EU servers and see the result ;)

Hmm in the other servers the black borders would stay forever... in this french server, the 2 times that appeared they disappeared 15 secs later ;)...

Ill report back as soon as I see the other EU servers ;)

So you know what's happening with the black borders -- your computer has to download the map-data from the gameserver. If you're far distance, it can take a while to get the map files down, but I've not heard of it failing entirely if you have too high a ping.

Though, personally, I'd avoid high-ping servers anyway, because things like zombies lagging can kill you ;)

Since it is not happening to any other players on your server, I doubt it is a server issue.

My guess is that its a RAM issue for you. It sounds like your rig is having trouble loading the map data that comes from the server and not your local machine.

A friend of my mine once had this issue and was running only 4gigs of RAM as well and he doubled his RAM to 8gigs and the problem went away.

Why the game needs more than 4 gigs of RAM is another questions altogether.

I created a Private server myself and that issue doesn´t happends at all... so I doubt it´s a Ram issue... or could it sill be? :\

hmm one thing happends to me just now... I was playing and moving slowly and the black borders came back... even thou I could continue talking to a player that was around me, the map wouldnt load... and after 1 min I got connection to server lost... Next time this happends Ill post a picture here of the log...

Edited: Apparently a few more players got disconnected too... so it was server sided this timeApparently a few more players got disconnected too... so it was server sided this time

Archived