So much talk about soft resetting, what about a full hard reset on Linux?

MDKAOD

Hey all, I'm trying to force new characters on our server for the v31 rollout. We've decided we want a full, totally new, clean rollout and forcing new characters on Linux.

I've deleted ~/home/user/Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest -- Didn't force new characters.

I've changed the ResetID in servertest.ini -- Didn't work

I've deleted servertest.db -- Didn't work

I've launched a completely new server name by adding -servername newservername -- Didn't work

What am I missing? I know that deleting characters by default was removed around v26, but do we no longer have that option at all as server admins? What good is trying to start over if we all get to keep our stats and inventory stuff?

For a public server, absolutely understandable, but in a private situation, I can see benefit to possibly keeping skills but resetting inventory along with the world might be desirable. Options here would be great.

Thank you for your time guys.

[edit]

Had a thought, perhaps there's a way to embed the server ID into characters, and if that ID changes or doesn't match, assume that character hasn't connected to that server before. It would retain the data locally on the client PC, but it's better than no option or asking our group to delete their characters manually and hope that they comply. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

For a public server, absolutely understandable, but in a private situation, I can see benefit to possibly keeping skills but resetting inventory along with the world might be desirable. Options here would be great.

Thank you for your time guys.

[edit]

Had a thought, perhaps there's a way to embed the server ID into characters, and if that ID changes or doesn't match, assume that character hasn't connected to that server before. It would retain the data locally on the client PC, but it's better than no option or asking our group to delete their characters manually and hope that they comply. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

Your other option would be to forcibly kill the characters on the server if they don't comply. That's assuming they don't make a backup.