Desura version is not up to date with the current steam version, would you guys mind updating it? c:

glampson

Question

I just convinced my friend to buy your game on steam, I alpha funded Project Zomboid on Desura many years ago. And apprently I attached my CD key to a steam account I no longer remember the username nor the email to since the multiplayer update has only happpened in the past year or so. The Current version on desura was last updated in Nov 2014 therefore I cannont play online with my friend on his more recently updated steam version of the game sad.gifWould you guys mind updating the Desura version? Or if thats a huge hassel to update Desura could you give me another CD key to activate on my steam account? I know its my fault for attaching it to the account I have no memory of, and I would love to buy your game again if i had the 15$ I would its well worth it. But I have 0$ and am unable to work do to a disability I now have due to a car accident last year(not trying to sob story you, but it is the honest truth) I just want to play with my friend, and he is waiting to play the game until I can play it with him so we can experience the survival horror together. I appreciate you even taking the time to read this. If you want to check to see if he actually purchased the game his name is "ForestWarden" on steam. And my current steam account is "TiberiusSeptimIII" I messaged your facebook page as well hoping to get in contact with you, we tried to play last night but as I said before the current desura version is from Nov 2014 making it impossible to play with him on his steam version. I wish all the Dev's a very wonderful day, and I am so excited to try out the new content along with the multiplayer expereience. Your game has come and incrediably long way since the begining and I am still very happy with my original investment, and once you finally finish project zomboid im excited to see what your team will come up with next happy.gif

My Desura account name is glampson if you like to verify that I did purchase the game there as well.

-Sincerely a very bored guy who is stuck in bed

7 answers to this question

I <3 the Indie Stone, going to rant about this on r/gaming. I think I paid under 10$ when I originally alpha funded this and Dev's and their management were still willing to offer me a new cd key even though all I had to offer as proof of purchase was my Desura username and password where I originally bought the alpha. If this was a corporate gaming company, they would have told me to pound sand and I would not have been able to play with my friend. :) Made my day just to know that things like this still happen between customers and businesses. Indiestone fan boy metamorphosis complete, keep up the wonderful work!

Desura gets updated with the most recent stable version, Steam allows for multiple builds at once and therefore gets the most recent development builds (IWBUMS) as well as the last stable build.

If my memory serves me correctly, you can get your friend to opt out of the IWBUMS branch, and revert to the stable build - so you both play the same version.

Do you still have the receipt of your purchase?

I think I do would you like me to forward that email  to you? I also have my CD key for the Desura Alpha access and the CD key that I already added to the steam account

EDIT: I have the registration emails from Desura but it looks like I do not have the proof of purchase email, I must have deleted it when I cleaned my inbox at some point :/ So I'm probably out of luck. I swear I'm not trying to fraud the Indie Stone. I'd even give me Desura username and pw to prove that I bought it. 

Archived