questions about durability

spikeyhat09

i havent been really active in the pz community for what seems like at least a year, and as a result ive missed quite a lot of updates. my question is, how exactly does weapon durability work now? from the wiki ive gathered that each point on the yellow star represents a point of durability, and in the stats of a weapon it lists a "conditionlowerchanceonein = (value)". does this mean that, for example, the baseball bat, which has a "conditionlowerchanceonein = 30", has a 1/30 chance that on each swing, it will lose a star point of health?

if thats the way it works, that seems like a rather poor choice, since that means its possible (but unlikely) that a super high durability weapon will break in the first 5 hits. it also means that its possible (but unlikely) that a weapon will never break.

and does hitting things like a door or a window or a tree lower a weapon's durability? and why does the axe have a condition lower chance of 1 in 20 while the bat is 1 in 30? or is that even how that works...

also, how does repairing work? how does repairing skill work? still trying to figure that out.

for reference, these are the wiki pages that im using:

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Baseball_Bat

http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Axe

there are 2 pz wikis and i never know which one to use, both of them seem to have a lot of grammatical errors and outdated information (im not a grammar nazi as you can probably tell from this post, but the wiki for a game needs to have a certain degree of professionalism in my opinion). which one is the one thats endorsed by the devs?

sorry, it happens to be Rant:30 PM where i live at the moment

i havent been really active in the pz community for what seems like at least a year, and as a result ive missed quite a lot of updates. my question is, how exactly does weapon durability work now? from the wiki ive gathered that each point on the yellow star represents a point of durability, and in the stats of a weapon it lists a "conditionlowerchanceonein = (value)". does this mean that, for example, the baseball bat, which has a "conditionlowerchanceonein = 30", has a 1/30 chance that on each swing, it will lose a star point of health?

Iirc, this is exactly how it works.

if thats the way it works, that seems like a rather poor choice, since that means its possible (but unlikely) that a super high durability weapon will break in the first 5 hits. it also means that its possible (but unlikely) that a weapon will never break.

On the contrary, it imitates real life really well imo. You can never know for sure when an item will snap of if you can't see anything visibly wrong with it. And the star is there so that you can see those cracks and know not to trust in it. Then there's the added tension of never knowing 100% if you're actually safe with that kitten knife. Also it simulates the fact that not every item is built well and that there are manufacturing flaws.

and does hitting things like a door or a window or a tree lower a weapon's durability? and why does the axe have a condition lower chance of 1 in 20 while the bat is 1 in 30? or is that even how that works...

I'm not sure, but I think that the item's condition does not lower if a door or a tree is hit. Probably a gameplay concession for balance. I do think that there could be a better way of dealing this.

And to the second, maybe because the axe head can fly out more easily than the bat will break? I dunno, why don't you think of a reasonable reason...

also, how does repairing work? how does repairing skill work? still trying to figure that out.

You put glue on a kitchen knife. It works again, if you succeeded. For a shorter period of time than it used to. And if you break it again. It's harder to fix. If you're a good fixer, you succeed at fixing more often and fix better.

there are 2 pz wikis and i never know which one to use, both of them seem to have a lot of grammatical errors and outdated information (im not a grammar nazi as you can probably tell from this post, but the wiki for a game needs to have a certain degree of professionalism in my opinion). which one is the one thats endorsed by the devs?

sorry, it happens to be Rant:30 PM where i live at the moment

I'm not sure the devs "endorse" either one or both. I think the pzwiki.net is the more "official" one if you will (at least more up to date usually), but as you might know, wikis are created by the users as well as mostly moderated by them too. So any and all professionalism or lack of is only the result of users creating that content.

It just turned twenty past lovely here so have a great day/night. :)

-snip

-snip

thank you for the helpful responses. im still skeptical that that is exactly how the durability system works, because ingame a weapon will appear to have lost a star point (and therefore have 4/5 health remaining), while in the inventory its condition meter is more like 9/10 or 19/20. could it be that the star indicator just rounds to the nearest fifth, and for a more accurate assessment of your weapon you have to look in your inventory?

also, according to the wiki, the conditionlowerchanceonein = (value) as well as the maxcondition is the same for both the baseball bat and the nailed bat

Archived