A few suggestions

Byesenberg

These are just a few suggestions I think would make the game a lot better. I'm sorry if these have been suggested already but I really cbf to search around the forum to look for suggestions, so:

1. A flashlight. I don't know if that already exists because I haven't gotten far in the game, but if there ain't a flashlight, please make one.

2. Improve responsiveness to clicks. The left click to loot closets and shelves is barely working and I have to click it like a dozen times. The right click also has terrible responsiveness when I try to add curtains to windows or close the curtains. The fault is not in my mouse because it works perfect when I attack zombies with axes and stuff.

3. The inventory doesn't always show the info about items when I hover over them with my mouse. Sometimes it shows the weight and stuff but sometimes it doesn't so I have to open and close the inventory to see the stats of an item.

4. Fix exhaustion and hunger. I don't know if it's intentional, but the character gets exhausted really fast even though I'm using a mod that gives me all the perks when I started the game. For hunger, what bothers me is that even though I feed him with a banana, peanut butter, apple and simple soup the character is only 'slightly fed'.

5. More weight tolerance in the inventory. Seriously though, I know it's unrealistic but the inventory gets overweight so fast when I have to carry food, water, weapons, screwdrivers and stuff. Maybe lower the weight of stuff?

6. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I right click some item and send it to a container the stuff just disappears. I try to open all the containers (schoolbags) but there's no option to open the bags or extract the items from them when I right-click the bags. What am I doing wrong?

7. Last, but most important; a freaking map. Make a legend for it where houses, shops, police stations and such are marked with certain symbols. Also make it possible for the player to mark places which he's already visited. Please, please make this last one happen.

Now, I want to emphasize that these are just suggestions and in no way am I trying to force you to do this stuff. This is your game and you can do whatever you want with it, but these are just some things I think would improve the game. You can take the suggestions and implement them into the game or not. Your choice. I wish you the best in future developing. ;)

There is a flashlight (and candles), and you'll likely find replacement batteries as well. It's helpful, but also turns you into a magnet for mosquitos and zombies.

I don't think you shouldn't think of the inventory limit as 'weight tolerance', so much as encumberance. Ever have to carry so many things at once that you ran out of hands to open a door? Moving slower because a box is clumsy-large? It's not a weight issue, but you're at a carry limit for sure. Having things in bags makes them easier to carry. Think about that the next time you stop by a fast-food drive through. It's not like they're giving your stuff to you in a bag because it's heavy!

Most of the rest aren't bad things to look at. Fatigue really does seem to be on a short fuse, particularly since it's invisible and used for both running and melee and jimmying windows. Food status should make itself a bit more straightforward than the highlighting system (too hard to rename it 'moldy bread' when it zombifies?)

1. Flashlights exist and work fine in the latest build

2-3. The UI has bugs and is not final. I suggest you bring up both the container window and you inventory window when looting, to make things easier.

4. Exhaustion is realistic and tweaked by perks and personal condition. You can smash 2-3 zombie heads with a good melee weapon without too much exertion, but you can't expect to beat down a horde by yourself. The sledgehammer is extremely heavy and powerful so it exhausts you quickly. Hunger might be tweaked further, but is reasonable at the moment (you can go at least 2-3 days without food without dropping below "hungry"). I think there should be 4 levels of positive food level (slightly fed, fed, well fed and very well fed). The benefits don't seem to stack at the moment, that is a bug. It will be fixed.

5. Weight is fine. Your standard limit is 8 (carried in your hands), but you can temporarily overload it up to 50. Use bags to reduce your burden when traveling. You can carry 2 fully loaded large bags + a weapon, water, pills, clothes and a snack without being overloaded.

6. In the latest builds you need to equip the bags on your character (back or hand) to have it appear in the inventory window and be able to see their contents. Practically you can carry 1 bag on your back and 1 in your secondary slot (hand), leaving your main slot (hand) open for a weapon. This system works quite well. The only bug in the current build (16) is that the bag on your back becomes unquipped after loading a save game and you have to equip it again. This is said to be fixed in build 17.

7. There will probably be some kind of map eventually, but probably not the GPS-like minimap that you see in most games (which shows you where you are). This is for increased challenge and realism.

As far as the map goes, the only map that there will be is a road-map type item that you can pick up as a loot item in the world. You may or may not be able to mark on it, and it will not show your location on it.

Keep in mind this is a survival horror game with a strong focus on realism, so traditional game tropes like a scrolling, marked minimap and disproportional carrying strength are no-no's for us. There are a lot of games out there that tend to go that route, and TIS is trying to do something more original here.

Keep in mind this is a survival horror game with a strong focus on realism, so traditional game tropes like a scrolling, marked minimap and disproportional carrying strength are no-no's for us. There are a lot of games out there that tend to go that route, and TIS is trying to do something more original here.

I would like to be able to find at least local area maps, which I think every town-sized settlement has several types of readily available, primarily for tourist. If the zombie apocalypse hit while I was on the road, a local map would be one of the first things I'd get. If it hit while I was at home, I'd grab / print one to keep track of my neighborhood.

As it is now, I'm using a drawn map of the gameworld, marking POIs to keep track of my loot runs, stashes and targets. I don't see why my character couldn't do the same once he has a map of the area, or even just pen and paper.

Like I said above, general maps will be in the game and marking on them is probably going to be down to whether they can (or whether it's worth the effort to) program it.

I suggest few different type of maps. First one is more global (with highways / not detailed) possible place to find it should be the Gas station. Second one is local map (more detailed / typical city map) should be in police station and roadside cafes.