Firearms and blunt weapons all broken

bobbers

Question

Since build 23 or so, i start the game and all firearms are broken along with axes and baseball bats. Very frustrating.

Also nothing in the game will chop down a tree. The progress bar does not fill up.

Please help i love this game so much!

12 answers to this question

No, I've not taken the time to learn modding; my bad. Do mods address this error?

He means if you have any mods installed, not if you know HOW to mod.

Yes, it's either some mods have been installed (and no longer work), or the install of the game is quite borked. This shouldn't be happening normally. :)

Woops, sorry I did know what he meant. I don't know how to mod, and i have no mods installed. Sorry the No at the start of my sentance was in answer to his question. The rest was an elaboration.

I've tried removing and re-installing and the problem came back. I have no mods installed. Additionally, sometimes the axes and guns are not broken, but then are all broken when I reload my saved game for the first time and each subsequent time.

Alright, I'd suggest deleting everything manually and starting fresh.

Go to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ProjectZomboid and delete everything within this folder.

Then go to %username%\zomboid (usually C:\users\EG\zomboid, where EG is your Windows account name) and delete everything within this folder (this will clear your saves, and anything else).

Then, redownload the game through Steam.

Should give you a fresh start. :)

Archived