Notched planks as crappy substitute for real planks?

ChosunOne

Hey All I fired up a new game of the latest 30.7 build and the movement of zombies caused me to really want to barricade my safehouse a little earlier.  One night I was just about to go to bed with my character exhausted and heard what sounded to be 3 or 4 zombies wandering around.  The next day I spent some time chopping down trees (luckily found an axe the third day) and drilled some planks, but when I went to barricade with the planks, stone hammer, and nails the option wasn't there.  I also checked out the build menu and it said I was lacking planks.

My suggestion is to allow notched planks as some kind of crappy substitute for real planks.  This wouldn't make the saw irrelevant as it produces more planks per log than a chipped stone, so it would still be more efficient than drilling planks, and also the sawed planks could be stronger.  But I think allowing us to use notched planks makes sense.  This way I can at least have some time when the zombies start banging on my windows to grab some essentials and book it.  Even if the notched logs are only a quarter the strength of real ones, the illusion of security also gives me a short term goal as well in the initial stages. 

This could also be limited to just barricading things as well, I'm not saying that we should be able to build everything.  Also I think the act of drilling planks ought to give some experience to carpentry as well.