Farming Overhaul Ideas!

King jjwpenguin

I was farming the other day and i realized how boring it was just to plant crops, wait, harvest, and repeat. Water becomes much more needed and so is food but i feel like i can survive just by foraging once every 5 days right before the berries go bad and that will last me until the next 5 days.I think that these ideas should help it become a little more interesting or fun.

Frost-In winter the crops will grow slower and if it snows or goes below freezing then the plants may become frozen or weak. This means plants will most likely die in the winter making it a tough time.

Over watered-This happens if you water the plants to much. They will become over watered which means that they may die or wilt. 

Infested-This may be a result of Snails, Aphids, Or caterpillars. They will come almost any season with a few exceptions. They will cause plants to become weak or die over time but they also provide a new source of food. Aphids come any time but winter, Caterpillars come from spring to summer, and Snails come during spring or fall.

Better soil- Soil can become soft or hard making it harder for plants to grow but this can be broken up by hoes or putting worms in the soil. soil can be Rocky,coarse, fine, fertilized, or nutritious. These require level 2 or higher farming skill to tell.

Compost- Can be made by putting rotten food, worms, or things like berries and flowers. It can be put in a compost bin or homemade compost bin. Home made bin requires 4 planks, 4 nails, a hammer and a trash can. it can be watered down to make better compost. it helps plants retain water for slightly longer and makes them grow a little bit faster or more.

New seeds- Some new seeds like watermelon, sunflower, pumpkin, Squash, and corn. They each provide new foods and are found in seed packets. Eating watermelon will result in finding 1-7 seeds and the pumpkin provides 3-12. The sunflower and pumpkin seeds can be eaten, cooked, or salted. 

Trees- Some fruit trees can be planted but take 2 weeks to 6 weeks to grow into a tiny tree. After 9 weeks it will start to produce fruit occasionally. The trees could be but are not limited to Apple, orange, kiwi, pear, plum, lemon, acorns, and pinecones. The pinecones and acorns grow more trees that drop nuts but acorns attract squirrels. They may take time but in the end they will do well.

Other plants- Some other plants like grapes would be added too. Grapes would require a wall nearby to grow on.

Potted plants- Pots would be added or a potting barrel could be made by 4 planks, 4 nails, some soil, and a hammer. These plants can live inside but require to be within 2 blocks of a window and take longer to grow. They are useful for large indoor bases but produce less. they can hold 1 plant at a time.

These are a few of my ideas for farming and if you have any suggestions, comments, or side notes please say so in the comments. 

That is a good idea too. My cousins tried just planting them before fall and that failed so the next year he made a greenhouse and brought one of the seeds inside. The greenhouse is now a path around the tree since it did so well it broke the greenhouse (A few years later) and then it fell apart from there. The one inside was later moved but my cousin threw his back out moving it.