Cooking

Gustav

You know how in Project Zomboid you can build Houses with Carpentry? Well the problem is theres not any cooking device you can craft. I think some sort of basic cooking device should be craftable nothing fancy of course like in Project Zomboid you have those Log Cabins in the Woods with those weird metal box cooking things with a metal pipe thingamabob (apologies I honestly don't know what those are called) I think those should be craftable because otherwise you can't cook in Player-Built Bases. Does anyone agree?

EDIT: Someone commented and gave me the idea that these should also require Logs/Planks to continue

burning!

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention the thing would be metal and have a grated sliding thing to open it too throw wood in too fuel it with the meat cooking on top!

It could be a good idea, with 4 logs, one big cooking pot you craft a "home made oven" , but you have to add logs and wood to fuel it. Not movable as a campfire in kit, but maybe more efficient, and you can directly cook in it and then put your meal in bowls?

I really don't know, but it sound nice to me, and i like the idea to craft more tools and cooking device for your sweet home.

It could be a good idea, with 4 logs, one big cooking pot you craft a "home made oven" , but you have to add logs and wood to fuel it. Not movable as a campfire in kit, but maybe more efficient, and you can directly cook in it and then put your meal in bowls?

I really don't know, but it sound nice to me, and i like the idea to craft more tools and cooking device for your sweet home.

But I didn't exactly mean it being wooden. The things I'm talking about exist in Real Life and are metal with like a bared grated slide to open it.

I like the idea like if you have a campfire you can roast things but that takes a tree branch to do so or some other tool. Then you can build a campfire with grate using a baking pan or grate found in buildings to roast and cook things even better than you could with the first campfire. then there are portable stoves that use batteries to cook food but can only cook things one at a time. That is found rarely and uses batteries up quickly. Beyond that if you build a drying rack over a campfire you can create smoked (Fish,Steak, Etc.) or jerky. It would make meats a little more useful once the power goes out.

I like the idea like if you have a campfire you can roast things but that takes a tree branch to do so or some other tool. Then you can build a campfire with grate using a baking pan or grate found in buildings to roast and cook things even better than you could with the first campfire. then there are portable stoves that use batteries to cook food but can only cook things one at a time. That is found rarely and uses batteries up quickly. Beyond that if you build a drying rack over a campfire you can create smoked (Fish,Steak, Etc.) or jerky. It would make meats a little more useful once the power goes out.

Thats not exactly what I meant the whole thing would be metal these things exist in Real Life but I can't remember the name... Oh and I like the portable stove idea!

I think you're trying to to talk about a wood stove. Am I correct?

I think you're trying to to talk about a wood stove. Am I correct?

No. You might want to read the post again. I was talking about a metal thing with a steal grated opening slide they're in Real Life too.