Foraging/trapping suggestion.

Bennytheowl

My idea is that you should be able to catch and eat bugs, Bugs are very high in protein and could be caught pretty easily. Plus they could be used as bait just like worms are.

1.)  Foraging around a campfire could give you moths and other insects that are attracted to light

2,) Foraging through the trees should give you insects too.. You can eat a few types of snails if you cook them first.

3.) Leaving out some kind of trap that catches spiders, grasshoppers and mantises (not sure how to spell that)

4.) Being able to find bees and steal their honey! but of course they can sting you.

A lot of bugs are good for you and I think this would add much more to the Foraging skill..Plus it would make sense that you can't find berries in every part of the woods.

Also this could bring on a new bug phobia trait that means your character will not be able to forage for bugs as they are too afraid.. and maybe they could panic in areas that bugs might be e.g. trees and areas with cobwebs (if they are added)...

Of course i'm just brain storming, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

What if there were mushrooms but some were poisonous and some would be ok. They would be found in the woods and over time with different level skills you can tell the different types of mushrooms. Level 0 would just say mushroom and they would look diffrent but some may look the same and be different.Then level 1 says red mushroom or etc.Then level 2 would say red spotted or red bell mushroom. Then level 3 would say edible mushroom. level 4 and up would give specific names and have an info tab. There would be many mushrooms and some that would have special effects. Some would heal you a bit more, some could make you anxious or hallucinate, then others could just faintly glow in the dark. just some ideas.