Zombies ; Triple Suggestions

Bloody Mary

1. Decrease zombie knockback. The knockback system is fine for indoor areas right now, but it gets fairly ridiculous outside. A single shove can send a zombie flying backwards 12 feet or more, which is a little excessive.

2. Increase zombie health damage. While zombie bites and even scratches can be lethal, they do surprisingly little damage. Of course scratches shouldn't be that damaging, but bites? A player should really be hurting health-wise from a bite, especially multiple ones, but even now several bites on the body only take away 1/4 of a player's health or so. This should be upped.

3. Improve horde AI. This falls in to making general improvements in the AI in general, but in particular, I've noticed zombie hordes, or any large number of zombies, have poor AI when it comes to attacking players. Even if you run into a group of 50 or more, you can survive for quite a long time because only 2-3 zombies will attack you at once while the others wander into each other and teleport around, their movements glitch as they try to get the player. Allowing the zombies to realistically swarm a player when horded and not just Assassin's Creed style it, surrounding them and blocking them for attacking only one at a time or so, would make the inevitable death received when caught by a horde not take nearly as much time.

I agree with them all, knockback is a bit crazy in this game.  and no matter how much adrenaline I have running through me, if a zombie bites a chunk out of me, Id be surprised if I didn't go into shock or something, the body isn't used to such damage and doubled with it the anxiety of being chased by zombies you'd probably pass out.  Realistically speaking you should be able to endure several bites before succumbing to shock/passing out in my opinion.  They could even add a "Queasy" and "Hardened" perk that changes the number of bites you can endure.

I got caught by a horde before and stayed in the center getting bit by a mob for some time until I finally died.

Yeah. I mean, getting caught by a horde right now is pretty much guaranteed death, but I remember one time I got caught by a hundred or so zombies and they kept pushing me around the map, bouncing off objects like pinball and barely attacking me. Took me 5 or so minutes to die. I'd really like to see zombies knocking down or knocking back players actually, to represent how they'd realistically try to grab and tackle you, not just punch/claw/bite you.

Whether you lose 99% health due to bites or 1% you are still pretty much dead - although I agree, getting mauled to death should happen a little quicker than it does now.

I also agree with the knockback and the hordes too, although I have no doubt horde AI will be getting looked at as part of 'Operation Fix Late Game By Killing You Before You Get There'.