Post your Gmod screenshots/tips

LeoIvanov

So, this is topic entirely created for the purpose of posting Gmod screenshots.

Those are done with character posing and some effects tweaking, like DoF, Post Proccessing, etc. All done in game.

If anyone has any cool tips on how to improve the quality of screenshots, you are free to post aswell.

Let's begin.

Those are so far that I've done.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615027058475841000/B51AD5BBC06C582E7ACA991BA17B0A10DCFDAB0B/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594740593166236016/CB81AAF1DD16ACF865319608F022F8D3040D2DA1/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594740593164034878/E1411972452EF083CB12D28FE5585E254CB8FDB1/

Hell to the yes. I used to love doing screenshots back a few years ago. I tried to get into it again but Gmod changed so much and the update broke most of my stuff that it was too much of a hassle to even start up again. But thankfully I found some (really old) pictures.

1st

1NcUSbx.jpg

2nd

zeyUKWF.jpg

turd

v0PNUvW.jpg

Actually, screw it. After seeing those old pictures I know I can do 100x better. Starting up Gmod right now.

EDIT: Oops. I guess this forum doesn't have auto-merge :???:

Edited by RoboMat
Hehe now your edit doesn't make sense :P

Hell to the yes. I used to love doing screenshots back a few years ago. I tried to get into it again but Gmod changed so much and the update broke most of my stuff that it was too much of a hassle to even start up again. But thankfully I found some (really old) pictures.

1st

1NcUSbx.jpg

2nd

zeyUKWF.jpg

turd

v0PNUvW.jpg

No way you did all of this in gmod o_O''...

Advices how to make it equally cool?

No way you did all of this in gmod o_O''...

Advices how to make it equally cool?

Oh man, I don't even remember what I even did to those photos. Let me snap a few pics, edit them and get back to you. Like I said, its been years. Next time I post I'll post some tips or something.

Okay, well shit. So apparently something I added awhile ago messed something up and I can't use super DoF and a select few of entities that change the world (most notably the fog creator) so I couldn't really do anything super good. I would uninstall everything but I have the entirety of Half-Life 2 models ripped from the game, which is needed for certain atmospheric maps (yeah my 14 year old self was a cheap asshole) and I don't feel like pirating a game and I aint got the cash just so I can get the models.

Anyway enough of the bullshit. Here's the pic:

ckzXYxG.jpg

Everything is in game. I used color mod to lower brightness, lower contrast and desaturate the colors. Also when using the camera I zoomed out and in to get rid of the fish-eye look default has. Lastly for the scene itself, everything you see besides the walls was added in and I added 3 lights to illuminate the Miner model and one to light up the dudes face.

That about wraps it up I suppose. Wish I could use super DoF and fog but eh, shit happens. Hope I explained stuff clearly.

Okay, well shit. So apparently something I added awhile ago messed something up and I can't use super DoF and a select few of entities that change the world (most notably the fog creator) so I couldn't really do anything super good. I would uninstall everything but I have the entirety of Half-Life 2 models ripped from the game, which is needed for certain atmospheric maps (yeah my 14 year old self was a cheap asshole) and I don't feel like pirating a game and I aint got the cash just so I can get the models.

I've had the same exact problem for a while, and now I've found a fix for it. It doesn't have anything to do with mods, as the game loads gmod up with directx 8 instead of 9. To fix it you need to RMB click on gmod in steam library, and set a launch command like this :

"-dxlevel 9" (without brackets).

It seems that now with loaded up direct x 9 everything (fog editor, post processing effects) now work perfectly fine. I want to imagine my screens that I've been doing for a while if I had it enabled.

Hope it helped :P

Edit: Oh shit, I meant to do -dxlevel 90, not 9.

Nope. That did nothing. Well shit. This sucks.

Actually, I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet on this one and reinstall everything.

Well... Crap.

For me it was a massive improvement technology-wise as right now I saved a shit ton of time of setting up shades on characters properly. in dx9 version you can just place lights properly, and there - shades done. 

Compare the two : First one is done with mixed gmod (dx8 version) and photoshop. Second one is just gmod (dx9 version), no photoshopping involved.

thelastofusgmod2_zps1daf9419.png?t=13773

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615027252417288592/B97C43F74C3D7216F491424ACACCDB2FFDC8A5C1/ (direct link because forums say "Nope")