Sounds and voices...

Aenye Deithven

Short and sweet one this time - let's add some more sounds to PZ !

The music does a great job at establishing the mood and the "you got a skill point" sound almost gave me a heart attack once or twice - love it ! So, what should we ask for ?

My first thought was more background noises to keep the adrenaline high. We already have thunder, rainfall, the occasional rustling bushes and of course various moans. So, how about the occasional house / car alarm in the distance ? The sound of breaking glass just-beyond-a-corner ? A shrill scream or two ? Maybe a firefight flaring up being suddenly silenced ? Wind howling in the empty streets ?

Another lovely little thing to get would be audible survivor taunts (Q hotkey), so that I could hear my guy / girl shouting. Actually, a brilliantly evil idea came to my mind - let's convince TIS do a bit of voice acting for that purpose - no idea why, but the mental image of a gritty RJ, shotgun in one hand and cat rabbit jerky in the other comes to my mind... ^^

What are your thoughts on this ? Any more audio that could be included ?

The allarm, breaking glass, etc... will be added when NPCs are added, so it will be events of the meta-game, and hearing your guy talk would kind of ruin the immersion, I really bonded with my character, jessica Peterson, because she was so silent all the time, hell, in far cry 4, the devs stated they are going to make the character talk less so you can bond with them better.

It seems like the most silent characters would be the ones you bond easiest with.

Also you can't bond with him/her if you have a predefined voice, I want a human being, not a clone

It seems like the most silent characters would be the ones you bond easiest with.

I may be a bit strange then, but I find it strange when I can't hear my character (theoretically being perfectly capable of speech) make a single noise (I can understand that voice acting all the dialogues for a RPG might be "slightly" extreme), even in cutscenes (if any are present in the game). Some jRPGs actually managed to annoy me to no end, when the main character's only dialogue through the entire game was "..." (if you know which game I'm tlaking about, you deserve a cookie).

So, as Dr Cox said, optional talking characters would be the way to go - pity it's going to be "quite a while" before I can even start expecting such an addition.

I may be a bit strange then, but I find it strange when I can't hear my character (theoretically being perfectly capable of speech) make a single noise (I can understand that voice acting all the dialogues for a RPG might be "slightly" extreme), even in cutscenes (if any are present in the game). Some jRPGs actually managed to annoy me to no end, when the main character's only dialogue through the entire game was "..." (if you know which game I'm tlaking about, you deserve a cookie).

So, as Dr Cox said, optional talking characters would be the way to go - pity it's going to be "quite a while" before I can even start expecting such an addition.

They do make anoise, it's when you die, you can hear a scream, also... legend of zelda? earth bound?

They do make anoise, it's when you die, you can hear a scream, also... legend of zelda? earth bound?

Well, yes, but after that, there is not much more bonding to be done. ;-D You got it with Zelda - in my mind, Link is a droid. Where should I send the cookies to ? ^^

Just feed them to your nearest cat, he will deliver them for me.

How will he do that after he ate them?

You don't

Want

To know

EDIT: also, I never actually played any legend of zelda game, since I never owned a N64, but majora's mask is still one of my All-Time Favs