SadCreeper reacted to RobertJohnson in RELEASED: Build 34.10 - Food Tracker Build
FOOD TRACKER BUILD
Hello! As many of you know we're working on making PZ's food system and its impact on Survival more realistic. To do this we need your help!
It's gonna be hard to balance, hence why we really need your help here, but please stay on the subject, you can sure comment if you think that the system is way too hard with having a good nutrition, but please explain why!
This is not finished, some bonus/malus about the nutrition aren't in yet (everything about weight/fitness is in though, you can notice new weight-related traits)
All the packaged food will have nutrition informations displayed, this may change to only display calories (a nutritionnist will know everything!) but try to not stick to that while eating, just act you're playing a normal game..
Also some new foods are in, but not everything, I have more ideas about that don't worry
HOW? HOW CAN WE HELP?
We need to see your in-game eating habits in the curreng game, and once we've hoovered enough stats up we will be sure that when we integrate the new system it benefits the survival experience (especially in the late game) rather than become a pain in the arse.
WHERE IS THE BUILD?
Right click Project Zomboid in your Steam library and select "Properties". Navigate to the Steam Beta tab and input the following password: spiffoburgers
You may need to restart Steam to see the beta branch in the list.
WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Play the game entirely as you usually would in normal Survival. After few days/weks (months even!) of play press the J key (character screen) and either screenshot or note down the new figures there: calories, weight, carb, proteins, lipids. These are the gamified real world stats that the new system will run off but will be invisible to most players.
Then: post in this thread!
Tell us game settings, a general run-down on what you were eating (more fruits/vegetables, anything you found, etc...) and either post your character screen or tap in your food stats.
We will also need stats from the late-game, so if you could use a backed up save of a game that's 3+ months in then please do the same. Then post the info up here, being sure to tell us how long you've survived for when the stats were harvested!
ANYTHING ELSE ELSE?
Only that we'd ask all discussions about the new food system to be in separate threads on the forum. This thread is purely for statistical feedback direct from your own PZ games. Thanks everyone!
- Last note: This is a version directly from my pc, you may find some weird stuff sometimes (really not a big deal tho!), don't worry all will be ok for real release, stay only on nutrition, thanks
- Also also: this test is stricly for single player for now, dedicaced server will not be updated.
- I LOVE EDITING: I may in a future version add a debug files who tracks lot of thing (average calories, average weight gain/loss, how many time you run per day, what food you ate....)
Please keep the thread free from discussions of anything unrelated to the nutrition system. Unrelated posts will be cleared from the topic.
SadCreeper reacted to RoboMat in Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 220.127.116.11
If you don't have anything useful to say ... just stay quiet.
I think what you are looking for is this:
SadCreeper reacted to lemmy101 in STEAM KEYS
Steam codes, anyone? Yes, Steam codes are now available to anyone who has purchased the game. To make it clear, we are NOT on Early Access, and are just giving those who already own the game an option to get on Steam now. We're posting this just here for now, to get any serious kinks out the system before we shout too much about it.
Important things to read first
1) The version that's on Steam is effectively build 17, since the only build possible to use was one with Steam integration we couldn't upload the last Desura build, or forum test 16. However, there may well be some bugs still in this build that need sorting out, and some of Romain's stuff like translations is not present in this branch of the game. So please don't consider this an official release. This is about getting people on Steam who want to be, primarily, so we're not cramming it all in last-minute and risking any delays. That said, a few issues aside, will give you a chance to play with the new stuff in the build!
2) There is currently no 'install script' for auto installing java and whatnot on the three platforms. This will come within the next day or two. If you can already run the game, then you should be golden. 64bit OS users who used to run the game in 64bit may need to get Java 32bit (x86) JVM installed if they do not. This will obviously be automated soon
We could have waited on distributing keys until build 17 came out proper, however its in everyone's best interests we get people's transition to Steam sorted gradually but ASAP, well in preparation for going on Early Access proper. As such, please excuse any features advertised for build 17 not present, or any issues in this immediate release. It will be auto updated routinely over the next few days to patch out any remaining issues.
3) At this time the only way to obtain a key is through Project Zomboid on a Desura account. The ever awesome Desura have offered to help us distribute keys to everyone, even those who did not purchase the game on Desura. To do this ourselves would likely have absorbed a whole chunk of our time that could be spent working on getting the game ready, so this is wonderful of them.
We would very much appreciate anyone who hasn't bought the game through Desura to look through the games when they convert, and consider sticking around the community, because there are many gems in there including many ungreenlit games that deserve more attention. And as evidenced for doing this, Desura themselves deserve endless support!
Converting to Desura for Google Checkout / Paypal purchasers
To convert to Desura, input your Project Zomboid username and password (game log-in details emailed to you when you bought from Google Checkout, NOT your forum user/pass) into this form:
Finding your Steam key
When logged onto Desura's website, go to this page:
Click on the 'Keys' link, and you'll find the Steam redeemable code listed there. "Activate a Product on Steam..." in the Steam game menu. Alternatively, go here:
Simple as that.