Server crash on restart

PrPleGoo

Hi everybody,

Long time lurker first time posting here. I tried to use the search for this error but nothing came up. So here's the issue I'm experiencing:

• I can run a server fine
  • friends can connect through hamachi (something wrong with my router, ports won't open)
  • we can play together fine
  • when I close the server and start it back up I get this error: http://pastebin.com/XhPEUyME
  • deleting the save files will allow me to start up a new server (but that is undesirable)

Here's what I've tried:

• deleting save files (works but undesirable)
  • allocating more ram: 2048M to 4096M
  • deleting media folder and restoring it from back up (doesn't work)

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?

Edit: forgot to mention the build we are all using, it's 26 (iwillbackupmysave).

There error is happening while reading .lotheader files.  I notice you have Bedford Falls.  I wonder if you get this problem with only the game's maps?  I don't know why it's getting an end-of-file error reading the .lotheader files when you restart though.

There error is happening while reading .lotheader files.  I notice you have Bedford Falls.  I wonder if you get this problem with only the game's maps?  I don't know why it's getting an end-of-file error reading the .lotheader files when you restart though.

Must have made a mistake backing up my media folder.

1. Deleted local content and redownloaded PZ via steam.
  2. Changed to the IWBUMS branch.
  3. Changed the batch file to allocate 4096M ram.
  4. Starting up the server with the old save: crashes as expected
  5. Starting up the server after deleting the old saves.
  6. Connect to server with client, disconnect after.
  7. Shut down the server and starting it back up again: works! Yay!

What a stupid oversight on my part.

java.io.EOFException        at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:568)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1010)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)45, 33Exception in thread "main" java.nio.BufferUnderflowException        at java.nio.Buffer.nextGetIndex(Buffer.java:498)        at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.getInt(HeapByteBuffer.java:355)        at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.load(IsoMetaGrid.java:325)        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1030)        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:156)D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSEPress any key to continue . . .

This is the error I'm getting when restarting the server after one or more people have joined.

The EOFException seems to happen every time but it never crashes anything.

Resetting the server completely is the only way for me to host again.

I followed your instructions as in: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/7897-build-26-custom-maps-spawn-locations/?p=104630

The server runs on 8GB ram on windows 7.