PZ doesn't open

Ensuni

Question

Hi everyone!

I was about to play Project Zomboid on Steam when the cmd window appeared but then it closed suddenly. The PZ window didn't open and I tried again but didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it... but it still didn't open. I opened all my other games and I had no problems.

Yesterday I played PZ without problems, even online.

Thanks for reading.

Ensuni.

19 answers to this question

I'm sorry to reopen this thread but I'm having the same problem again.

Apparently I solved the problem somehow and I played PZ without trouble, but about a week ago the game started to do the same thing I explain in this thread. I didn't upgrade my driver so I don't know what could be the error. This is what came up when I ran the game from the 32-version .bat file.

Thank you.

https://gyazo.com/994ceae570768c38b6035e1acccf11a2

I'm sorry to reopen this thread but I'm having the same problem again.

Apparently I solved the problem somehow and I played PZ without trouble, but about a week ago the game started to do the same thing I explain in this thread. I didn't upgrade my driver so I don't know what could be the error. This is what came up when I ran the game from the 32-version .bat file.

Thank you.

https://gyazo.com/994ceae570768c38b6035e1acccf11a2

Hard one to answer because there's no indication of where the error happened, Ensuni. Hm.

If you go to the installation directory of the game, you'll see various error text files (hs_err). Sort by date modified and grab the latest one. Upload it to pastebin.com and link it here (it's long).

It looks like it's crashing when trying to create the window for the game to run in, similar to the "Pixel format is not accelertaed error." Rathlord's insticts were probably correct: graphics drivers might be the case.

Some questions:

Did you recently update your computer (Windows Update) or change a piece of hardware?

Does your computer have more than one graphics card? (Many laptops tend to come with two now.)

Archived