The beginning of my Fanfic (Please criticize!) I'm not done yet

Zimbie

"Hey John, come here!" shouted Jessica, John's... "friend", I guess you could call it. The two met up days after the outbreak. Weeks? They're not certain.

They had been through hell during the first hours of the outbreak. Looters, murderers, infected, or whatever the hell they are. Zombies would be the right word,

maybe. They all were dangers to the two. Both tried to escape, only to be informed that the area had been quarentined. Muldraugh was the virus started, though no one

knew what started it. Infected dog? Bird? Anyways, the virus spread to West Point. That is when things got really serious. People started getting paranoid, mourned 

at the loss of loved ones. The ones who had to kill the ones close to them because of the virus... I wouldn't want to be them. People started comitting suicide. 

They started shooting each other. Kids died. It was terrible.. That is the only word that can describe the horrific events that occurred. 

"What is it, Jess?" asked John. 

"I found more food. There was barely any left though. What I found should keep us fine for another day or so."

"Jess, you are holding a can of beans and a couple small bags of chips."

"We can ration it. A bag of good ol' crisps for me, a bag for you, and we get half a can of beans for dinner. Or we could just eat it all for dinner."

"Sounds good, but what about water? Liquid, anything to drink that won't make us sick. Remember, we only use the reserves from the rain catchers for extreme

emergencies."

"I have already got that covered back at the safehouse."

"Okay Jess, I'm trusting you. Just don't screw this up like last ti-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" screamed Jess.

"Sorry, sorry. Just keep it down, we don't want to attract inf-"

John quickly got quiet. Weeks before, Jessica accidentally tripped an alarm close to our last safehouse. There were fifty people, and we were the only ones

who got out alive. Infected came from everywhere. We lost food, crops, the whole thing. A whole 3 months worth of progress, down the metaphorical drain.

They both carried their things and left the house, and headed back to the safehouse, trying to dodge any infected they encountered on the way. They finally

reached their destination. They entered the house and started organizing things. They had barely any food left, with the exception of the stuff that Jessica found

at the house they just looted. It was near sundown, so they ate their food. Jessica went upstairs to her bed, and quickly fell asleep. John checked the clock in the

kitchen - It stated 11:57 PM. John proceeded to check the barricades they set up. Then, he checked if all of the windows and doors were closed. He went upstairs to 

his bed, and fell asleep. 

John awoke to the smell of bacon from downstairs. He was curious of how that was, so he got right out of the bed and ran down the stairs. When he reached the kitchen,

he saw Jessica cooking breakfast over the stove. They had a generator running outside. It was a nice, clear morning with a few snow white clouds in the sky.

The two had fortified a cabin in the woods. Over weeks, they built "sturdy" walls outside that eventually sorrounded the perimeter around the house. The cabin had a

small building behind it where John had decided to put all of the building materials. It was littered with a random number of nails, planks, hammers, axes, and logs.

Within the compound, there were several rain catchers, made with garbage bags and a barrel-like structure. Every time it rains, one of the two volunteer to go out 

and carry the water from the rain catchers with buckets and pour it into the bathtub or the sink in the bathroom / kitchen. If everything else is full, they just 

keep the filled buckets of water somewhere in the bathroom. 

"Where did you get the bacon?", asked John.

"I found it in a cooler yesterday during our loot trip. I was gonna show it to you, until you said that... thing."

"Oh. Hey, listen -"

"Don't apologize. It was my fault. I KILLED entire families. I destroyed hard work, I ruined everything for our long - term survival. You didn't do anything

wron-"

Jessica started to try to choke back tears.

"I remember everything," recalled Jessica. "I saw a room stocked with food through a window. It would have helped us a LOT, John. I couldn't just let it sit 

there. I wanted to help the group. Cans of food, bags of food, cabinets FILLED with food!"

A tear dripped down her cheek.

"I tried to open the door. It was locked. I thought that I wouldn't have been able to get in, but, I saw a window half opened. Like, a small child tried to

crawl out of it. I obviously couldn't fit through the gap. So, I tried to open up the window more. I gripped it, and pulled up. I ended up pushing up so hard, I 

broke the window. I don't know how. Maybe it was weakened from age, I have no idea. I ended up getting a few cuts on my hands."

Jessica held up the palms of her hand, and showed them to John.

"But, I didn't even notice the gashes in my hands. The alarm was loud, nearly gave me a heart attack. I went pale, my knees started to shake like an 

earthquake. I saw a sea of the infected walking towards me from the other direction. I ran back toward the settlement as fast as I could.... though, that probably 

was a bad idea now that I think back to it. They followed me. I should have just given myself up to them, and this would have never happened. We wouldn't be here.

You would be safe, I would be at peace. No one would have died, except me and my miserable self."

"Jessica! Don't say things like that!" said John, shocked. "What the hell? You said you noticed a" John made air quotes with his fingers. "sea of the 

infected. You weren't that far from the settlement, maybe a block. And we were in West Point, the most heavily populated city in the area. The infected would have 

found the settlement anywa-"

John realized that he shouldn't have said that.

"Look, Jessica, just stop worrying about this. The settlement would have met its doom either way. Whether that be from food shortage, raiders, sickness,

or infected. You did nothing wrong."

Suddenly, Jessica started crying and ran up and hugged John. John held her and stood there with her for a couple minutes, comforting her.

"Won't that also happen to us?" asked Jessica.

________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, I understand that this not broken up evenly. Since I am writing this on a text document, It's gonna be broken up weirdly. I might fix it, or not, who knows :D

dam they match perfectly. I think its coming out greater than expected. I thought some thing corny seeing its a FF, but ho cares good work and effort zimbie. you could fix some of the language up though. some times im reading and it feels like its FPV but then changes to TPV, and the language confuses me at some points whether the narrator is a character or just taking into account, but other than that its really good and im excited for what you have next.

too bad John and Jess don't you know,......Repopulate the world.

It would be exciting if indie stone turn this into some sort of DLC for the game or an Add on or tutorial for this game cause the one with that couple, i just didnt really feel a bond.

dam they match perfectly. I think its coming out greater than expected. I thought some thing corny seeing its a FF, but ho cares good work and effort zimbie. you could fix some of the language up though. some times im reading and it feels like its FPV but then changes to TPV, and the language confuses me at some points whether the narrator is a character or just taking into account, but other than that its really good and im excited for what you have next.

too bad John and Jess don't you know,......Repopulate the world.

It would be exciting if indie stone turn this into some sort of DLC for the game or an Add on or tutorial for this game cause the one with that couple, i just didnt really feel a bond.

Yeah, I'm going to revise it a lot. Thanks for your input man.

Archived