linux server help

flibble666

hi i have a duo core 2GB linux box previously used for minecraft and would like to run PZ on it ie'd rather not use steam cmd. my question is can i transfer via s/ftp my zomboid folder and simply create a .sh file to run the required jar file or do i have to use steam cmd thx for the help/info flibble666

hi i have a duo core 2GB linux box previously used for minecraft and would like to run PZ on it ie'd rather not use steam cmd. my question is can i transfer via s/ftp my zomboid folder and simply create a .sh file to run the required jar file or do i have to use steam cmd thx for the help/info flibble666

I would really recommend using SteamCMD and not quite sure of your reservations of using it. If you have a Linux version of PZ then you could copy the files over but you would still need the specific dedi-server file.

If you've the linux version of the game downloaded via the steam client or desura, yes you can scp/rsync that up to your computer. But, it's just a lot easier to keep it updated with steamcmd -- you'll need to keep it updated, else people won't be able to connect when their games automatically update.

thx for the help guys all sorted now but i have 1 issue i have set a custom spawn point in the serveroptions.ini but my friend does not get a spawn menu like i do when he joins the server i assume this is because i have made it custom. He automatically spawns but he does not spawn near me and hes not familiarly with zomboid so cant tell me where he is is there an "spawn area" or should he spawn on the cords i entered into the serveroptions.