Idea: zombie "Fire Alarm"

marine1217

I know many might "shout" and lure zombies away from their home ect.. Has anyone thought of using the fire alarms as traps like they did in World War Z at the end to lure zombies into the stadium? We already have the noise ingame and batteries if the alarm is out of batteries or uncharged. I can see this as a great way to keep zombies occupied or lured into a trap ingame. I do not know how to mod but this seems like a great implementation for what is already in the game. we just do not see the alarms yet?

you mean activating the "house alarms" yourself to lure them away?

I like this idea, would have more possibilities in mp

(i have a vision of luring a whole bunch of zeds into an enemy safehouse by activating alarms near them <3)

I think I've discussed an idea like this with Aricane quite some time ago, but neither of us ever got around implementing it.

It shouldn't be too hard though. It basically comes down to adding an IsoObject that you can place in the world and activating it via context menu or remote to emit a sound. For the first one, the rain collector barrel code could be used and the "attract zombies with sound" function is already in the engine (I use it for the lockpicking mod for example).

I think this can become a great weapon on MP as well okeer. You can round up a huge hord and just watch as they surround the enemy base. If someone possibly even you RoboMat could implement this I think it would catch on quickly. The dev's as well could add this to all the houses that would normally have an alarm so you can scavenge fire alarms for MP war or even single player.. We would just need to know how long do they stay on and what radius of zombies will come? Imagine a huge trail of fire alarms with each one turning off in a order so that you can lure from across all sides of the map!

How about those little eggtimers? Like in State of Decay i mean, you could go somewhere -> activate them in your inventory -> drop them (or not, but then youre in the middle of noise which is not a good idea) -> and a set amount later its gonna RING RING

Could the make noise/attract zombies event be delayed by a set amount of time AND be fired by a object laying on the ground? (@Robomat or who else knows the code and his behaviour/possibilities)