Sleeping in Multiplayer

Jiamil

While playing the game with my girlfriend, I just found out that sleeping in Multiplayer isn't possible,

I feel like this isn't a good  handling at all, it alters the game experience a lot: You can run all day and fight dozens of Zs without ever getting tired and on top of that, after the whole day scavenging you can start sort things you found at night, only to repeat it on the next day. Another major point of any survival game, especially Zombie related: Survivors need a safe place to sleep... normally, and this is one of the main reasons to even have a "safe house". Without the need of sleep, it sadly negates this major gaming and realism point. The survivors are always awake, always ready to fight. And be honest: Having those uber-Survivors isn't what we want. This game says flatout: This is how you died. and if it wants to be taken serious on this, never-sleeping Survivors aren't helpfull  ;-)

I know that, if you sleep, the time runs faster in Single Player, and this wouldn't be possible in Multiplayer, but how about handling it like in Minecraft: When everybody is in Bed, the Night skips (or the time runs faster). On servers with many players, this could be a problem, I see that, but maybe add the option to sleep at least?!

This is why we have roleplay servers.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if having the sleep system in a multiplayer environment is even possible, even with how powerful LUA is. It'd obviously be impossible to have the timeskip of sleep as it is in singleplayer. I'd like to see an optional system for servers where, indeed, people need sleep, and though they can make their characters sleep, it doesn't make time progress faster, so they do have to wait out their sleep cycle. But this seems like it'd be too annoying or unfair for some players, and most would probably just choose Security Guard in that case to bypass it, more or less.

I agree with skipping time when everyone is asleep. But as of now it would never work, because the time of day is different for all players at the moment. Some would be forced to sleep during day and skip to night time.