Zombies Attacking Walls

booner352

I was going to build a wall around my place and then realized that it would be more beneficial to just create a bunch of doorways, place doors in them, and barricade the doors (except one, of course). Now you might ask why! Here's the kicker! Zombies will only try to break through doors and not walls (at least what I have experienced so far). So if I build all walls around my one door, when a horde comes they will only attack this one door and easily break it down. If I build many doors, the zombies will be more evenly spread out, making it harder for them to break through. Also, this would cause me to have to maintain my walls (an idea, if not one already) or else the next time a horde comes, I will have weak spots in my walls.

TL;DR - Zombies should attack walls so you don't have to create a wall of doors.

You have no idea, went through 100 hinges one day! Had a bad looting problem in multiplayer, so I made a maze of doors on the second floor. The trick was to know which doors had floor tiles under them and which ones didn't ;)

Deviously brilliant ! Brilliantly devious ? One of the few ideas I've seen that could actually stop PC raider types dead in their tracks. Literally.

You have no idea, went through 100 hinges one day! Had a bad looting problem in multiplayer, so I made a maze of doors on the second floor. The trick was to know which doors had floor tiles under them and which ones didn't ;)

Deviously brilliant ! Brilliantly devious ? One of the few ideas I've seen that could actually stop PC raider types dead in their tracks. Literally.

I made it so it was safe on the first floor of doors - to give a false sense of security - then made the second floor the trap. If you're going to do this, make sure NOT to build your second floor over your first. If you do, they won't die on impact. Sometimes I made the correct door barricaded so they would never suspect it - you need to barricade other random doors to not give yourself away.

To get all the knobs/hinges, find bathrooms and break down the stalls for them. Best supplier of door resources I could think of.

There are many stair tricks that you can do. I'll let you be creative with them ;)