Help NPC to build a safe house.

NazTaiL

Hi, first post here!

This game is amazing!

It remember me a lot Minecraft. (survive, build, defend)

My first impression is that all fresh new games will probably look the same:

find house, scavenge food, farming, build walls. You know what i'm talking about.

Once you have done that, well it's nearly easy. (It's pretty much fun to get at this point though).

Now, to extend the fun, whitout always starting a new game, A NPC could request the player's expertise and help to build a safehouse/garden/defense. This could be granted by a skill point. (not items, because at this point of game players don't need anything...well almost anything).

So the thrill of starting a new game will be there, without the feeling to restart at zero.

That could lengthen the life of the game without mod. (Because some people don't want to use mod!)

NPC's will dynamically change the game as soon as they get added... by dynamic, most likely some NPC's will call for your help if you're seen at a distance, as soon as you get close. You get ambushed by his/her groupmates...

Also, i don't think a NPC would just ask for your help in a zombie apocalypse, they'd be more cautious around others... or intelligent psychopaths asking for your help only to stab you in the back of your neck with a hunting knife. :)

I assume there will be leaders and if you're one then you can instruct certain NPCs to do certain tasks, which might depend on their moods etc... Maybe not with the first release, but further down the line. 

Vice-versa, if they're your leader they will instruct you to do something, and you don't have to do it. I do wonder, if one of my leaders instructed me to do something and I didn't come back for months would they notice or just ask if I got the item they needed... :P

These are my thoughts, could be different but that's what I'm feeling they'll be like.

I went to the project zomboid files in the steam folder and went to media then ui then traits and you can see some NPC traits like shifty or cheerful, kindhearted or Despairing. thought it was cool not sure how many people know about it though

It was mentioned in at least one mondoid post that npcs would have character traits that would create storylines based on their traits. A shifty character foments unrest in a leaders camp and so on. Group dynamics are a big part of npc development and as such is one of the reasons it's taking so long to bring to fruition. If npcs are a quarter of what the devs intend it means a rich and detailed storyline whether your character is present or not. Truly an exciting development in pc gaming if they get the ai even close to their stated goals. Afaik no game currently in play has the scope of what the npcs in pz are capable of. I say, without hubris, that pz may be the creator of a new iteration of ai. We may all look back on this in 20 years as the birthplace of ingame ai.

I went to the project zomboid files in the steam folder and went to media then ui then traits and you can see some NPC traits like shifty or cheerful, kindhearted or Despairing. thought it was cool not sure how many people know about it though

It was mentioned in at least one mondoid post that npcs would have character traits that would create storylines based on their traits. A shifty character foments unrest in a leaders camp and so on. Group dynamics are a big part of npc development and as such is one of the reasons it's taking so long to bring to fruition. If npcs are a quarter of what the devs intend it means a rich and detailed storyline whether your character is present or not. Truly an exciting development in pc gaming if they get the ai even close to their stated goals. Afaik no game currently in play has the scope of what the npcs in pz are capable of. I say, without hubris, that pz may be the creator of a new iteration of ai. We may all look back on this in 20 years as the birthplace of ingame ai.

Hm, wonder how the cheerful ones will be. Maybe they still have hope about the infection just being temporary and calms others down/cheers them up, same goes for the kindhearted ones... until their personalities change after finding out it'll never end which leads them to depression and unexpected turn of events?, can't wait for that.

Hell, may be kindhearted NPC's won't just execute some looter because he/she feels sorry, which will turn into some dynamic event which will end up with the kindhearted one OR looter(maybe both) dead. The shifty ones are pretty much the liars/rats of the group, they screw up. They make excuses, but what if a new trait called "Intimidating" was added, which causes the survivors you're leading to fear you(Goes for NPC's too!), thus obeying your commands(Brave survivors(including you) can stand up to them however, which may end up in a lot of ways), which you can use to your advantage to get the truth out of him(Shifty and Cowardly NPC's get the truth easily out of them, with a beating or not, Brave ones... need a lot of pain to get it out of him). You can still get the truth out of them, but it won't be as effective as more intimidating survivors

As soon as you find out, you could choose to kill them or accept the truth. Which can affect your relationship with the other NPC's with you. :D