Change location of "zomboid" folder [linux]

speedio

Greetings!

I'm in the process of getting a linux server up and running and I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the location of the zomboid server.

When I launch the server using the script it creates a folder in /home/"user"/Zomboid. With the db and settings.ini and everything.

However I would like to have this folder created in a different location. such as. "/home/users/servers/pz/zomboid/"

It's just to make it easier for me to organize everything.

Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks! ^^

yeah well if you do it like this:

./steamcmd.sh +login steamusername steampassword +force_install_dir directory/you/want/to/install/to* "+app_update 108600 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword iaccepttheconsequences" validate +exit

then the bold highlighted part is where the game gets installed to.

change it according to your needs and you´re good to go

If you're thinking of steamcmd when you say installer I ran that as a normal user without sudo (I'm on ubuntu).

Just to clearify I have two locations with zomboid server files. One with the all the game files that comes with steamcmd in the location I decided. and one created by the project zomboid server script. "projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh"

that pz script created the folder zomboid in my /home/user/ directory. this is the folder I want to have in /home/user/servers/pz/ instead.

also the server runs perfectly fine with no issues. It's just that I want all the files in one location rather then two.

If you're thinking of steamcmd when you say installer I ran that as a normal user without sudo (I'm on ubuntu).

Just to clearify I have two locations with zomboid server files. One with the all the game files that comes with steamcmd in the location I decided. and one created by the project zomboid server script. "projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh"

that pz script created the folder zomboid in my /home/user/ directory. this is the folder I want to have in /home/user/servers/pz/ instead.

also the server runs perfectly fine with no issues. It's just that I want all the files in one location rather then two.

Yeah it's just usually locations of where the Zomboid folder is determined by the user it's run on. I'll have to check when I'm home since my memory is a bit fuzzy, but outside of that I've never really believe I found a way to change a Zomboid folder, quite like how you can change the install folder.

Allright. thanks for taking your time helping me out mate ^^ and it's not the end of the world. I think I'll force steamcmd to install the game inside the zomboid folder in the /home/user/ dir. at least it will all be in one place :P