Online servers maps fail

oryants

Question

Hello , im trying to joins servers in multiplayer and after all the mods download and loadings , when the game loeads the chunks of the map im receiving the message "failed to download map from the server20240404_211651.thumb.jpg.7e047423e3d274b2cb93a8f909340be8.jpg" in every multiplayer server . Yes i addeed the fix file , changed the Xmx in the json file and improved my internet connection and still cant enter . It started a week ago and im playing for several months without any problem. In fact in solo im playing finr without problems. It started with visual lags and became that the maps cannot be downloaded And i reinstalled the game multiple times. Please help soon!

Edited by oryants

5 answers to this question

There is a time limit.

"Internet Route Problems (bad connections between ISPs; the more distance, the more chances of it happening) could be causing a timeout when trying to download map from to the server.
It could also be an MTU problem within your ISP ou at your home network, this one is too complex for you to fix or explain here.

1.First try a free a VPN from Cloudflare to optimize routes: https://one.one.one.one 
2.If doesn't work, this Java mod that I made disables the time limit, so you game will keep trying to download as long as it takes.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3017121049

Edited by P_menta

21 hours ago, Beard said:

Are you playing on a Wifi or through a cable connection? What is your ping to the servers you are trying to connec to?

Im trying to play via wifi because its in a laptop , im playing for a long time without problems and it started in the couple weeks ago.

The issue is just connection problem. Can you try joining at least 5 servers? If the issue happens with all of them, can you share your logs.zip file found in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid?