zombies randomly spawning in right next to me in hordes in multiplayer

TheAokster

Recently in my pz server i've had zombies spawn in large numbers (20 to 70 or so) right next to me. I run a server with a decent amount of mods, so i dont know if its a mod that is screwing up the zombie spawns or if its a vanilla game bug. But either way if anyone else had this problem and found a fix for it that would be nice if I could fix it cuz I dont really want to restart my world

I don't have footage of my experience, but this youtube had filmed his experience of the same bug so heres a link to that

https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxueCV7ruzY8gRCKwml1An-xvTjtXzlPVD

Am I mistaken, or is there a rifle/pistol shot at the exact same time as they spawn?

Makes me feel like there's some sort of intentionality there? Like an event or something that's designed to let you know it's happening. What mods are you using? Some of those twitch integration mods do purposely allow viewers to screw with you, right?

assuming what you're showing in the video is identical.

I don't use any twitch integration mods but basically what was identical about my experience and this video was that randomly without really any causation or warning, a large horde of zombies would just come into existance which kinda sucked. its happened before too. like for example, 2 years ago i had played with one of my friends and for some reason when i was in the server a whole load of zombies would just spawn in out of nowhere. (also a note to make was that im pretty sure everytime that happened i was alone looting or something else)

Tbh, it could be a lot of things. It's hard to guess without a video of your issue.

In general ... it could any of the following:

- Mods (including those that claim to fix things)
- A server running out of RAM
- A server becoming overwhelmed for some reason
- An admin teasing someone with admin abilities, such as spawning zombies
- Desync between two nearby players and/or lag (wireless connections are especially prone to this)
- If it only happens after a restart, then most likely it'd be from the server host (or hosting service) shutting down the sever improperly, without calling save and quit, causing file corruption
- If zombies are set very high, this can also put additional strain on the server and cause culling to happen far more often; things can get weird

If it's very rare, it'll be even harder to guess.