I can't launch project zomboid anymore

kowpye

Question

My game gives me a crash report when I try and connect to my dedicated server that is hosted through host havoc.

I tried logging into the game last week when I was connected to a VPN - I haven't been able to play since then.  (I'm not sure if that attempted connection via protected network is what caused this or not).

I have attempted uninstalling the game and reinstalling.

I believe I did this correctly and deleted the necessary files after my uninstall - I can't bee 100% if I did it correctly.

these are the issues I believe I am having :

WARN : General     , 1706151270303> TextManager.Init> font "MediumNew" not found in fonts.txt
WARN : General     , 1706151270303> TextManager.Init> font "AutoNormSmall" not found in fonts.txt
WARN : General     , 1706151270304> TextManager.Init> font "AutoNormMedium" not found in fonts.txt
WARN : General     , 1706151270304> TextManager.Init> font "AutoNormLarge" not found in fonts.txt
LOG  : General     , 1706151270307> AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/fonts/zomboidDialogue.bmfc_0.png
WARN : General     , 1706151270325> TextManager.Init> font "DebugConsole" not found in fonts.txt
LOG  : General     , 1706151270442> Loading networking libraries...

I'll add my console log as a whole just in case.

I'm really not sure what to do -- I put a ton of time and energy into finding mods that worked together and setting up the dedicated server.  At this point I'm just spending hours upon hours trying to make this game work.  

Any help would be huge - if I can't find some guidance I'll have to give up on this game and my friends and I will have to find something else to focus on.

console.txt

2 answers to this question

The error at the end is this:
zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: Warning client has no script for item Hydrocraft.HCWoodenbuckethoney

Did you perhaps remove any mods or add any mods to the server after it was launched? Have you tried resetting the server?

On 1/25/2024 at 3:42 AM, Beard said:

The error at the end is this:
zombie.world.WorldDictionaryException: Warning client has no script for item Hydrocraft.HCWoodenbuckethoney

Did you perhaps remove any mods or add any mods to the server after it was launched? Have you tried resetting the server?

This was absolutely the problem --- for anyone else facing this issue:

It seems my friends added a mod to a server I was hosting after we started the world - this particular mod (Hydrocraft B41 continued) caused an issue for me - and only me - they were able to log in just fine.  My particular game/files were not updating correctly.  I wiped the world data and started fresh and I can now play just fine.  Thank you for the help!

Archived