Projectzomboid64.exe not responding!!

Axelrock

Question

Game load apparently well but just after black "Click to start" screen, game freeze with the attached windows message of not responding 
	• 41.78.16 (steam)
	• Singleplayer
	• Host or dedicated? dont know
	• Mods? yes, some
	• Old or new save? Game freezes
	• Reproduction steps:
         1. Click to start screen
         2. I click
         3. Game screen appears but cant do anything

I tried:

- Update drivers both Intel and Nvidia

- verify files

- Alternative Launch

PC:

ASUS TUF GAMING F15 FX506HE

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz   2.69 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 TI Laptop GPU

Thanks for help

PZ not responding.jpg

logs.zip

11 answers to this question

All mods disabled and new singleplayer game seems to works well. 

but then I close and load my game again and same error :(

I also started a new game with every mods activated and it works perfectly.

Its strange...

If I load a different old game I created months ago, then I close and load my game, now its seems runs well!!

But if I close and "continue" again next time, same error happen again.

So... for now I can (apparently) continue my game but first its neccessary  to load the old one, close it, and then open the good one.  And same process again. 

Do you thinks is there any solution to recover this error??

Thanks.

I have not heard of such a problem, are you sure that the mods are disabled when you load the game that you just closed? Can you share the logs from when you try to load it to see if there are any new errors?
Also, can you share the latest “hs_err_pid” file found in your main game folder “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid”?

I know... sound very confusing. But I tried again and same happend.

I checked mods again and I have all disable from main mod menu, not from game load.

Find attached logs after the game runs well and after game error. 

Im afraid I've been looking for hs_err_pid file but didn't find it.... Not even if I search for it. ¿how can I find it?

PZ mods_ disabled from main menu.png

PZ mods_ load game.png

hs_err_pid (not found).png

logs (after not error).zip logs (after error).zip

Unfortunately, all 5 last logs show mods enabled.
I would recommend doing a full reinstall + disabling the mods by deleting the Zomboid folder contents.

First, uninstall the game, then go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and make sure there are no leftover files or folders there.

After that, go to “C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid” and delete everything there except the “Saves” folder.

Then just install the game again and see if that helps.

Would need to see the logs then.

Additionally with those new logs, can you check the Windows Reliability monitor for any ProjectZomboid application crashes there? If you do find any, can you share a screenshot of the Technical Details section so we can check the errors that show up there?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3575353/troubleshooting-windows-10-with-reliability-monitor.html

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/sk-sk/000178177/how-to-use-windows-reliability-monitor-to-identify-software-issues

Yeah I can only see a lot of mod texture errors here. I could recommend backing up the save first and then trying to remove mods from it to see if removing some of them lets it load.

Archived