Zombie spawn in MP

Ajdahor

Hello. My friend and I play the zomboid project on a server on Steam. We wanted to make sure that zombies do not appear at all, but they spawn almost regularly in places where there was nothing before. Our idea is probably quite common. Make a lot of zombies, but turn off their spawn. Help configure the game)

We play on the latest version with mods. Without mods, the situation is the same

9 hours ago, Ajdahor said:

Hello. My friend and I play the zomboid project on a server on Steam. We wanted to make sure that zombies do not appear at all, but they spawn almost regularly in places where there was nothing before. Our idea is probably quite common. Make a lot of zombies, but turn off their spawn. Help configure the game)

We play on the latest version with mods. Without mods, the situation is the same

You may be running into the issue where buildings don't pre-spawn zombies, and they kind of ignore server settings for it.  This particular mod below has a fix for an egregious issue where until you can see inside the building, they don't spawn, but it highlights what you might be seeing if your group (like mine) has cleared the streets, shouted a bunch, nothing is coming and then walk up to a building only to have a bunch of zombies.  Note that once a building has 'spawned' zombies, it won't do so ever again so long as zombie respawn is turned off.  Then you'll only see zombie migration.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2961467351

14 hours ago, reikou said:

You may be running into the issue where buildings don't pre-spawn zombies, and they kind of ignore server settings for it.  This particular mod below has a fix for an egregious issue where until you can see inside the building, they don't spawn, but it highlights what you might be seeing if your group (like mine) has cleared the streets, shouted a bunch, nothing is coming and then walk up to a building only to have a bunch of zombies.  Note that once a building has 'spawned' zombies, it won't do so ever again so long as zombie respawn is turned off.  Then you'll only see zombie migration.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2961467351

Thank you for your reply. I tried many settings. I completely turned off zombie spawn and migration. I also set a high value for their appearance (1 year), but they still appeared during the battle/after the server restart. Maybe if it's not too much trouble, you can send a screenshot of the zombie settings. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

1 hour ago, Ajdahor said:

Thank you for your reply. I tried many settings. I completely turned off zombie spawn and migration. I also set a high value for their appearance (1 year), but they still appeared during the battle/after the server restart. Maybe if it's not too much trouble, you can send a screenshot of the zombie settings. Maybe I was doing something wrong.

With the following settings, they still spawn. Server memory 9gb

Project Zomboid Screenshot 2023.12.12 - 12.38.32.59.png

Project Zomboid Screenshot 2023.12.12 - 12.36.30.40.png

Respawn Multiplier set to 0 is all that's needed to prevent majority of zombie respawns.  Any other forced/coded zombie spawn cannot be turned off, and is usually a one-shot based upon triggering a Building to generate zombies inside of it.

Edited by reikou