Turning character voices off

PoshRocketeer

I know that you've put a lot of work into it, but a sandbox option or an audio setting to bring back mute characters would be great. I'm really not a fan of the character voices, and I think it kinda overwrites some of the "roleplay" aspect the game has. With the player voices, you don't imagine your character as they are, the game will assign you a voice and you need to deal with it. 

Also, inevitably, no matter how many voices you include, you'll start seeing repeats, or even have two players in the same server who have the same voice. I don't like that, personally.  

Not asking for it to not be added, just to have the option to turn it off.

Edited by PoshRocketeer

13 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

I know that you've put a lot of work into it, but a sandbox option or an audio setting to bring back mute characters would be great. I'm really not a fan of the character voices, and I think it kinda overwrites some of the "roleplay" aspect the game has. With the player voices, you don't imagine your character as they are, the game will assign you a voice and you need to deal with it. 

Also, inevitably, no matter how many voices you include, you'll start seeing repeats, or even have two players in the same server who have the same voice. I don't like that, personally.  

Not asking for it to not be added, just to have the option to turn it off.

I am really sure that will be the option to activate / desactivate the voiced lines in the settings, I don´t think in sandbox, but in the game audio settings.

About your opinion, I agree with you. I really like the way It´s now. Maybe some people want it, but not me for sure. Like you said it will cause a lot of repeated voices for sure in MP.

This is like in Fallout, how many mods are for Fallout 4 to silent the protagonist, because no ones can RP with a default assigned voice.

About the exhaustion / attack sounds, I really think they add more immersion for a RP playthrough, so I am cool with that.

7 hours ago, DiegooLoquii said:

I am really sure that will be the option to activate / desactivate the voiced lines in the settings, I don´t think in sandbox, but in the game audio settings.

About your opinion, I agree with you. I really like the way It´s now. Maybe some people want it, but not me for sure. Like you said it will cause a lot of repeated voices for sure in MP.

This is like in Fallout, how many mods are for Fallout 4 to silent the protagonist, because no ones can RP with a default assigned voice.

About the exhaustion / attack sounds, I really think they add more immersion for a RP playthrough, so I am cool with that.

Idk I feel like servers should have a sandbox option or a config setting so that everyone is on the same page at least. 

On 12/6/2023 at 10:01 PM, PoshRocketeer said:

Idk I feel like servers should have a sandbox option or a config setting so that everyone is on the same page at least. 

Normally such a thing is handled as a audio option.
If you turn it off for yourself, you'll never hear your nor other's voices anymore. If you turn it on you'll hear yours and others.

It's not like you turn it off but will still hear the grunts and shouts of others. Don't really think it should be a setting forced upon players in the server settings, as long as it doesn't also change anything when it comes to gameplay.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:32 PM, TitanKämpfer said:

Normally such a thing is handled as a audio option.
If you turn it off for yourself, you'll never hear your nor other's voices anymore. If you turn it on you'll hear yours and others.

It's not like you turn it off but will still hear the grunts and shouts of others. Don't really think it should be a setting forced upon players in the server settings, as long as it doesn't also change anything when it comes to gameplay.

I still want the option as a sandbox/server config that applies to everyone's game, not just mine. 

Edited by PoshRocketeer
Politeness