[41.78] Mods fail to download/update to multiplayer server causing "Server has stopped during launch (NormalTermination)" errors

meshyr

Question

Certain mods fail to download or update when I try to host a server, causing the server to fail to launch and a "Server has stopped during launch (NormalTermination)" error. See coop-consolecopy2.txt and screenshot. Without these mods enabled in the settings, the server launches without problems. The mods are installed, enabled and work in singleplayer as well, I've checked too many times.

I use a Windows 10 operating system.

I was setting up a modpack and this error has caused me grievance attempting to fix it for hours. I've attempted a fresh reinstall of Project Zomboid two times and installed the mods individually to see which was causing problems in the logs. I've also deleted save files in a desperate hope (and very painfully so) and certain lua files causing .NoSuchFileException. in my console log, see consolecopy2.txt. These deleted files were from the C/Users/%MyProfile%/Zomboid folder and I deleted files from:

• backups (startup and version)
  • db
  • Lua (Only EasyConfigChucked)
  • Saves (Apocalypse/Multiplayer/Sandbox/Survivor)
  • Server

That did not seem to work either, the mods still cause the same error to happen (see consoleaftermodtest.txt). I've narrowed the mods down to 4 which cause the same error:

• Arsenal[26] GunFighter Mod [2.0] (Workshop ID:2297098490) > see coop-consolearsenalonly.txt
  • Brita's Weapon Pack (Workshop ID:2200148440) > see coop-consolebritaweapononly.txt
  • Brita's Armour Pack (Workshop ID:2460154811) > see coop-consolebritaarmouronly.txt
  • [CJ] Firearms | Lore-friendly vanilla expansion (Workshop ID:2874163136) see coop-consolecjweaponsonly.txt

Somebody please figure out why this is happening, I beg you, I have lost countless hours in attempting a fix for this and I'm exhausted.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 043124.png

coop-consolecopy2.txt consolecopy2.txt coop-consolearsenalonly.txt coop-consolebritaweapononly.txt coop-consolebritarmouronly.txt coop-consolecjweaponsonly.txt consoleaftermodtest.txt

2 answers to this question

Did you perhaps cancel the server “initialization” at any point? Since it is not recommended to do that, as it can cause the Normal Termination errors.

Regardless of that, try going to “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid” and delete the “steamapps” folder found there. Then launch the server again and let it initialize.

12 hours ago, Beard said:

Did you perhaps cancel the server “initialization” at any point? Since it is not recommended to do that, as it can cause the Normal Termination errors.

Regardless of that, try going to “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid” and delete the “steamapps” folder found there. Then launch the server again and let it initialize.

The fix works! Thank you! The server launches and the mods work as well now.

But, no, I did not cancel the server initialization while I was figuring how to fix this, it just stopped and gave me the error on its own.

Archived