Tedious mod adding to server settings

SampledCape5333

As the title says, when you host a server, you or your friends has to wait 30 or more minutes for the host to add all the mods they want to add, then check the mods for duplicates, for example "Exhaustion boost fitness" has a reduced version, and it causes problems if they are both active, so being able to make a mod pack before hand would be really nice so you create the server settings you can just select the mod pack and bam, your loading up easily.

You get prompted to pick your settings when you launch a server in-game. Just make the settings ahead of time, then there’s no need for futzing with it.

If modders made the mistake of using duplicate ids, then it’d be best to ask them to change it*, but this shouldn’t be a problem in build 42.

*that goes especially for people making packs of other peoples’ mods without doing so.

Mod Manager UI mod already has a built in solution to this, you create a preset just like you would in singleplayer, select the server you'd like to save the preset to, and boom, it's all done for you. Works a treat, so much so that I genuinely think the devs should get in touch with the guy who made it.

On 11/26/2023 at 7:36 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

You get prompted to pick your settings when you launch a server in-game. Just make the settings ahead of time, then there’s no need for futzing with it.

If modders made the mistake of using duplicate ids, then it’d be best to ask them to change it*, but this shouldn’t be a problem in build 42.

*that goes especially for people making packs of other peoples’ mods without doing so.

I do agree with you, but I would like to mention that Mod Manager UI mod has a really elegant preset and mod selection screen through the regular mod menu, among other really excellent QoL changes like improved filtering, the ability to tweak your load order in-game (afaik this isn't doable without the mod), etc.  Have you considered getting in touch with the guy who made it? I undrstand that in such a case money and time is definitely a factor, though.

Edited by PoshRocketeer