Help - Unable to get the ingame map to work for 1 specific cell

Irradiated_Bagel

Hi, thanks in advance for any suggestions/help to resolve this issue.

I am working on a map mod and am having issues getting an added road into the in game map to work. It is an edited cell from the vanilla map.
I can get it to work by treating it as 2 different mods. One for my own map mod and one for the edited Riverside cell. However I want to consolidate it into 1 mod.

In the world editor I added a polygon and added key = highway and value = primary as shown on the screenshot.
I took the lot files for the riverside cell (20, 17) and copy pasted it into the same folder as my other cell files and that does bring the bridge into the game as seen on the screenshot.
I copy pasted the text from the Riverside cell spawnpoint.lua and objects.lua into the corresponding files for my mod but that seems to cause vehicles to no longer spawn. in the modded cells.
Cars will spawn in cells not related to my mod.

For the ingame map however, I can edit the worldmap.xml file and copy/paste things over. However I don't seem to be able to that for the Worldmap.xml.bak file.

Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Ingame Map Issue.JPG

20231110135438_1.jpg

20231110135444_1.jpg

Edited by Irradiated_Bagel

If cars have stopped spawning then your mod has an error in the objects.lua file.

When the game finds an error in the objects.lua it stops processing all other objects listed after it in the file.

.bak files are simply backup copies and not used by the game or by tilzed/worlded.

For your main issue you would be better off adding the extra cells to your map mod world in worlded and then creating the actual cell containing the rest of bridge, that way the game knows that everything that is being loaded is part of your mod and will properly be able to overwrite vanilla stuff as it should, it will also make any errors a lot easier to find.