Whisper, conversation, scream. Player voice

zikhayovich

On our server it happens too often that people interrupted over each other, due to the lack of voice channel settings.  I would like to ask you to add the ability to modify the character’s voice.  Example: whispering - 1 meter, negotiations - 5 meters, shouting - 30 meters.  This would simplify communication, make it possible to have quiet conversations to which zombies do not respond, and of course introduce some logic.

The offer is good. I would also like to be able to use lua to adjust the volume of a particular player's VOIP. This can be used in situations when a player wants to "shout", i.e. the radius of hearing his VOIP will be larger, or whisper, so that the radius will be correspondingly smaller. And now there is only a fixed radius, which is not particularly convenient.

11 hours ago, PoshRocketeer said:

Eh, sure, why not. Maybe change negotiations to "Speaking", negotiations doesn't seem like the right word for this context, especially when paired with the other 2 suggested words.

Sure, that's better. Btw my task is more to explain the idea.  Many games have this, in PZ I haven’t seen such settings at all.