Stuck at initialising

warraw

Question

Im stuck at initialising when hosting a modded server, i was trying to figure out what is going on for like 2 days, tried reinstaling every mod, pz folder, reinstalling the game etc. Now i just gave up trying to fix it, this is my last attempt

logs.zip are above 4mb so here is a link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qnX4Qp_p_B_yNsvewE5Iv2dk_WJU3RBJ?usp=drive_link

8 answers to this question

On 10/24/2023 at 7:01 PM, Beard said:

Initializing = Downloading mods
Your latest logs show that you are still in the middle of downloading your mods. The slower your internet speed, the longer it will take to initialize the server.

now im not stuck on Initializing, now im stuck at loading the world for few hours. could you check now ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GiWkwlyydmOa06rqWeWRD7zVQal3SYxp?usp=sharing

38 minutes ago, Beard said:

This time it specifies that it cannot load the ports, because it seems like you changed the standard 16261 port to 16262

I recommend changing it back to 16261 and keeping the UDP Port as 16262. Then the server should launch.

I can load the world now, but when i create a character it says connection to the server was lost click to return to desktop.

pretty sure its mod related as i can launch server without any mods but i dont know which mod causes the problem 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-xbuotPPDUq1Sb-cEEC2AhmN3eNVHbuO?usp=sharing

The mods do not seem to show any errors, in this case, if you have issues with mods, try disabling them one by one or in batches to figure out which specific mod is causing the problems.

Do it on a new save to prevent any issues on your current playthrough, as removing mods can cause items to be permanently deleted.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:30 AM, Beard said:

The mods do not seem to show any errors, in this case, if you have issues with mods, try disabling them one by one or in batches to figure out which specific mod is causing the problems.

Do it on a new save to prevent any issues on your current playthrough, as removing mods can cause items to be permanently deleted.

so here is what we figured out

-in my case right now like 20% of my mods cause the ,, connection to the server was lost click to return to desktop.''

-in case of my friend, he can host the server with the EXACT same mods as i have, he has no issues at all

-so i cant host server with theese mods with freshly installed game, with fresh folder and i unsubscribed every mod and downloaded it again and i still cant host i basically deleted everything and downloaded everything again.

-i can join server which my friend hosted without any issues (exact same mods}

the point is I could host the server with the exact same mods like 3 weeks ago 

any idea what is going on here ?

I would recommend going to the User/Zomboid/Server folder and have your friend copy the server settings from his PC to yours. Then you try hosting the server with the same settings, as it might be an issue with the mod load order.

Another issue that might have happened is that the mods became corrupted, did you perhaps cancel the initialization at any point? Since it would not be recommended to cancel the download.
Try going to “Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid” and delete the “steamapps” folder found there. Then launch the server again and let it initialize.

Archived