Game Does not even start on Steam

Simmie

Question

No matter what I try the game doesn't even give me the barest hint that it starts. I've tried everything from making sure my drivers are fully updated, resetting my pc, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, reinstalling steam, resetting my windows, deleting specific files, verifying the integrity of the games files, running the game as administrator, and even running it through the 32.bat and the 64.bat files. I dont understand the issue, but everytime I press 'Play' it runs for a couple seconds(without any pop up or indication that the game is going to start) and then it stops running.

This is the batch of error codes I get when running it through the Alternate Launch Option:

Please help me out if you can

You can try going to your main ProjectZomboid folder and delete both the "jre" and "jre64" folders found there.
After that, verify your game files through Steam and then start the game again, as Steam sometimes does not install those folders right.

I am fairly out of the generic responses in that case, we might need some more debug logs which I can then forward to the developers.

Just as a last question though, you did try moving it to the C drive as well right? Since some PCs have weird permissions with drives, so the game can have issues there if installed on the non Windows drive.

ProjectZomboid64DebugLogs.bat

I attached the new .bat file for you to try running, after you do that, can you share the new logs again? Since I added a command that should give us more information about the game + error that you are getting.

Thank you for your patience as well, I am sure this is frustrating that the game refuses to run, even if by all accounts your computer should be able to run it perfectly without issues.

Those logs are unusual, since they show that you likely did not use the .bat file above to run the game, since it is missing the important command added to it.
Are you sure you placed the file linked above in the main game folder and then ran it? I added the "Temp" text at the end to distinguish it from the original ProjectZomboid64.bat file

You could try to check if it is an username error as mentioned before by creating a new username and then installing / running the game on that username.
The error that you get basically just means that the game fails to load the necessary files / libraries from the "win" folders. File reading errors can be caused by many things, though they would usually be related to some strong Windows security settings preventing the application using the files, or other problems like having special characters in the username or in the application install path, which would prevent the application from loading the files as well.

Yea, you got it.

ERROR: General     , 1693987755118> [LWJGL] Failed to load a library. Possible solutions:
        a) Add the directory that contains the shared library to -Djava.library.path or -Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath.
        b) Add the JAR that contains the shared library to the classpath.
ERROR: General     , 1693987755119> [LWJGL] Enable debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.Debug=true for better diagnostics.
ERROR: General     , 1693987755119> [LWJGL] Enable the SharedLibraryLoader debug mode with -Dorg.lwjgl.util.DebugLoader=true for better diagnostics.
ERROR: General     , 1693987755120> Exception in thread "main" ERROR: General     , 1693987755120> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate library: lwjgl.dll
ERROR: General     , 1693987755120>     at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:162)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755121>     at org.lwjgl.system.Library.loadSystem(Library.java:62)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755121>     at org.lwjgl.system.Library.<clinit>(Library.java:50)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755121>     at org.lwjgl.system.MemoryUtil.<clinit>(MemoryUtil.java:97)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755122>     at org.lwjgl.system.Pointer$Default.<clinit>(Pointer.java:67)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755122>     at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.loadIcons(MainScreenState.java:710)
ERROR: General     , 1693987755123>     at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:131)

Archived