[41.78.16] Zombie's pathfinding issue

Axezombie

Single player

Mod: Necroforge V2.9b

Zombies will always choose to get through a window or door which doesn't have a furniture behind, even if it makes them do a "big" detour.

I did some tests, with a table behind a window and a door not obstructed by anything, they always choose the door.

if there is nothing behind the window but a table behind the door they'll go through the window.

If both are "blocked" they will pick which one is closer to them, I guess.

here's a video about it:

You can even see at 0:36 that a zombie is really close to the window I just jumped through and yet it decided to go all the way back to the window which doesn't have any furniture. Of course zombies can pass through those tables like I did so there is no reason it wouldn't have followed me through that same window.

However there are some exceptions, if you wait for zombies to be really close to you and you climb through the window they'll follow you through that same window (most of the times...)

It also seems that a new stimulus (shouting for example) reset zombie's pathfinding and they decide to pick the shorter way to get through you.

it's mostly happening when players place furniture but I've seen this issue also here: https://map.projectzomboid.com/#13807x2473x15701

I was standing next to that little wooden table, they climbed over the fence then they ran to the closed door even though the window is open and way closer to them than the door, I've seen it happening at least 10 times and there is nothing behind this window, there is just this hedge in front of it, so I guess it must be the thing breaking zombie's pathfidning.

zombieai.png.55357e687d9ea1c589f91858cabbbc38.png

There are also other issues but you probably already know them:

- zombies walking 50m along a wired fence to get to you.

- sitting zombies not moving at all when you're behind a fence, even though they can see you and hear you

- zombies not moving at all when they can't reach you but walk towards you when they suddenly can OR when you're too far away from them.

- zombies running against a door instead of hitting it when you open/close a door fast enough

Edit: Here's the map_sand.bin file, maybe it can be useful.

map_sand.bin

Edited by Axezombie