yet another Server Management Tool or not?

thefipster

Hi everyone,

I'm running a private Zomboid server and wanted to make the management a bit easier. So instead of looking for existing tools, I just started implementing my own a couple of days ago out of excitement for a new software project. But before I further commit to this I wanted to ask the community if there might be an interest for something like this or if there are maybe great tools out there already I am not aware of.  

The tool so far acts solely as a mod loader and server restarter. 

* Manage a list of mods 
* Sync that list with the server config file
* Restart the server
* Retrieve server logs until "game started" event is received
* Showing basic server information

Screenshot2023-04-02113526.thumb.jpg.dc02ea1ca3d0924b7e3846d1ca21daa5.jpg

Screenshot2023-04-02121803.thumb.jpg.56ae4f7e24c81b4a5992475bf3e8a279.jpg

The tool itself is a webapplication running in a docker container connecting to another container running the game itself via the docker socket.
Of course a lot more features are possible, the following list is a brief roadmap of what I'm currently thinking about.

* Installation/update game
* Management of all other settings like sandbox and server.ini
* Map loading
* Mod bundling
* World reset
* RCON 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and now to the main point of this post:
Are there already cool and beautiful tools out there I'm not aware of and I'm just reinventing the wheel?
Is there interest for such a tool and what features would be the most interesting?

Looks very sharp, I like it.

Just note (and I'm not saying you do this, it just trips people up): make sure you're sending the strings "save" (followed by a pause) and "quit" to the console to shut it down properly. PZ doesn't support a graceful shutdown via signals at this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@EnigmaGrey
Don't worry, I don't trip that easily ;). Since I'm only controlling the docker container I hope LinuxGSM handles the docker events correctly. Maybe I will take a look at this afterwards, but so far it seems to work quite nicely.

@greatcalzones

Glad you like it.
I'm currently expanding it to be able to change server and sandbox settings. And of course lots of UI changes due to the expanded options.

When I have something presentable I will share a github repository and docker image.

Edited by thefipster

• 3 months later...