How can i make a backup of player data?

marfiuss

I kinda screwed up my debian  7 wheezy server, i am going to have to reinstall it. 

If i backup the file in the db folder , and paste it back when i remake the server, will the people that played on the server still have their inventory? 

and by the way, how are servers restarted for fresh spawns of objects, without whiping player contents? 

(sorry if there is already a post on this ) 

by the way for anyone familiar with debian, i can only access the server through the servehosts terminal (nfoservers.com), putty gives a fatal error, and so does winscp, wont even let me connect ftp. 

but im hoping tommorow i can save some files from pz, so players can keep their stuff, while i fix my screwup  :)

thanks in advance. 

*edit*

mainly please answer on if i can backup player files and how to reset the server spawns without deleting players items. thnx. 

The servers inventory and spawn position are saved on the players local computer. You don't need to worry about them, as long as they don't delete the save files associated with the server it should be fine. If you want to protect the server worlds (the player made buildings.) then you would need to copy the servertest folder in the Zomboid/Sandbox folder on the server. Regarding the error, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.