Infinite "getting world info" when joining my dedicated server

n-tox

Question

I'm going a little crazy with this one as I can't find a single thing so far on google so last resort I thought someone here would be able to help me out.
I've been trying to host a dedicated server from my home PC for the last several days and after having some issues port forwarding I've finally been able to have the server appear in my server browser from my laptop on a different network. However when I try to join the server I don't get any farther than the "Getting server info" screen, stuck there forever. I've got no mods on the server or my client and both are on the latest version. 

5 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Beard said:

Since you are hosting it on your local network, you have to log in to it with your Local IP instead of your public one.

no no, im trying to join from a completely separate network. it shows up in the server browser but wont move past getting server info. 

16 hours ago, Beard said:

I see, in that case how is it installed exactly? I would recommend using the SteamCMD tool to install it and no other way as explained here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2683719613

ill give this a shot when i get the chance, will update on how it goes. i m pretty sure i just downloaded it as a tool in my steam library

Archived