My dedicated server is not appearing on the server browser.

Vergil

Question

I'm trying to run my own dedicated server but it's not showing on the server browser. The only way people can join is by me giving them the server ip, is there anyway I can get my server to show up on the server browser. The ports I have port forwarded are 8766-8767,16261 and 16262-16272 TCP and UDP. I've made sure that the public setting was set to true and I don't have double NAT.

13 answers to this question

Yeah I would recommend using SteamCMD over the Steam client version. Though if you yourself can connect to the server, it means that the server itself is set up correctly and there should be no issues there. Meaning something up the chain might be blocking the connection to the server list. Such as if you have any antivirus on your PC, your firewall, your router ports, your router security and even your Internet Service provider.

Any of these may block one or both the ports, which would result in the server not showing up. Which might be the case since people can connect through the IP correctly right? That to me seems like the server successfully connects to the server list, but then something drops the connection, as if your server provider blocked it or something, but the actual connection is still open. I may recommend contacting them to see if there are any issues with the 16261 and 16262 ports, or with you hosting a server, since some companies can be fairly strict about that.

If people can join with the IP, then the server is most likely in the browser as well. Did you make sure to wait at least 5 minutes on the server list after refreshing? And are you using all the applicable filters for your server? Such as showing passworded servers, and servers with higher population than 31?

Archived