Game completely freezes when trying to load into a game

Jopotin

Question

As the title says, every time I try to load into a save or host a server, the game just completely freezes in the middle of the loading process. Most of the times it freezes when it tries to load in tile definitions in the loading screen. I have no idea what could be causing the issue since I've been able to play the game just fine before.

It has been a while since this problem arose, and I might remember that it started near the time i tried to play with some mods. I was able to play with the mods just fine back then, but a few weeks later when when I launched the game again I tried to load in to a save, it just froze every time. Since then I've tried multiple things to fix the issue. I've tried to delete the mods entirely, I've  tried to check the integrity of the files, I've tried to increase the amount of ram that the game can use, I've tried to reinstall PZ and Java both. Nothing has worked and I'm becoming desperate. Could anyone please help me? :')

console.txt

2 answers to this question

Seems like there is some Java issue, likely your Java is limited to 512mb due to some settings, if you for example set up any such configuration for Minecraft for example to limit the RAM.
Can you try using the "Alternate launch" option when launching the game through Steam? It should bypass those limitations.

Archived