Visibly Ejected Gun Casings/Shells

Nowthere27

I was thinking when you fire a gun in the game you should see casings (shells with the shotgun) get ejected (with exceptions of course depending on the action of the gun). 

Guns that are automatic (Semi e. g. M14 or Full/Select Fire e.g. M16) should eject the casings as you fire. Guns that are bolt action (e.g. MSR700, MSR788) should eject the casings after you pull the bolt back each time you fire. Guns that are pump action (e.g. JS2000 Shotgun) should eject the shells after being pumped after each firing. Guns that are neither, automatic, bolt action, or pump action, should only eject the casings when being reloaded (e.g. any revolver as well as the double barrel shotgun). 

What should happen to the casings or shells as they pop out? Well I was thinking the player could recycle them into new ammunition after picking them up from the ground. I mean in real life people have done this kind of thing where they get used casings, put in new primers, gun power and add a used bullet by pressing it into the casing to make a new cartridge.

If crafting could get you this result in the game that'd be awesome. 

One of the only things I like about the Arsenal Gunfighter/Britas Weapon Pack mods is that they add this functionality to the game.

You see the brass get ejected, you can find it lying on the ground around you, and you can find projectiles, primers, gunpowder, and a loading press in the world to craft ammo.

...Not that you ever have to, since with the default settings of those mods you find cases of the stuff everywhere, but I digress...

On 11/23/2022 at 3:08 PM, knightshousegames said:

One of the only things I like about the Arsenal Gunfighter/Britas Weapon Pack mods is that they add this functionality to the game.

You see the brass get ejected, you can find it lying on the ground around you, and you can find projectiles, primers, gunpowder, and a loading press in the world to craft ammo.

...Not that you ever have to, since with the default settings of those mods you find cases of the stuff everywhere, but I digress...

That's good to not only see the detail but be able to craft from it.

Hopefully the features of a lot of these mods will make it into the official game.

• 1 year later...