Generator mechanic

Arpagon Salaiemos

I would like to suggest the idea of being able to make a feature in witch the generator's power area can be extended. This shall be Done by adding copper wires, connected to the generator, right on the ground, and have that strip of wire go indefinetly, or atleast far (like 80 ,or less, tiles from the thing ). Due to the fact that the wire would eb exposed and dangerous to use, the player must put the wire throu a metal/lead pipe, so as to protect it from the elements, or add a toraly new item witch to wrap around the cable.

By all this, it is implyed that there must also be a electric panell on the other end of the cable, that would kinda act like the generator, but without the fuel consumption (cous the generator does that). 

Honestly, Electrical is pretty much the most useless skill in the game

I think pretty much the only skill you get from it that is any good is hotwiring, which just requires getting to Electrical 1.

It would be cool if you got to the highest levels in Electrical if when the power goes down, you could go out and track down the problem and fix it, like track down the electrical substations and switch the power back on, or even build small power generators like makeshift windmills and hydro electric rigs and wire them into your section of the grid or something.

As for extending generator range, honestly that would be a bad thing I feel like, since you would then have your generator  power parts of nearby houses sucking up your power, I had to go around to the neighboring houses around my base and take all the lightbulbs out and tear down one of their refrigerators to save myself some gas because they were just barely in range of my generator

If you wanna do wiring, maybe instead have a power box on each house you have to wire the generator into, and the radius of the generator is now linked to around the house instead of around the generator.

14 hours ago, knightshousegames said:

Honestly, Electrical is pretty much the most useless skill in the game

I think pretty much the only skill you get from it that is any good is hotwiring, which just requires getting to Electrical 1.

It would be cool if you got to the highest levels in Electrical if when the power goes down, you could go out and track down the problem and fix it, like track down the electrical substations and switch the power back on, or even build small power generators like makeshift windmills and hydro electric rigs and wire them into your section of the grid or something.

As for extending generator range, honestly that would be a bad thing I feel like, since you would then have your generator  power parts of nearby houses sucking up your power, I had to go around to the neighboring houses around my base and take all the lightbulbs out and tear down one of their refrigerators to save myself some gas because they were just barely in range of my generator

If you wanna do wiring, maybe instead have a power box on each house you have to wire the generator into, and the radius of the generator is now linked to around the house instead of around the generator.

For just sucha thing it could be implemented that the generator would have to be connected to a electric pannel, via copper wire, that would be on the building you wanna power, and such a thing (the electric pannel) that would be connceted to the gass station to also power the pumps.

The pannel could either be taken from a house (with perhaps lvl6+ electrical) or make it yourself (with lvl2+ electrical). This pannels should also have a durability metter, that would get consumed kinda like the generator does, but at a much slower rate, with the  makeshift pannel heaving less durability than the normal one, this way inplementing the need to actualy lvl up u'r electrical skill past lvl 1.