5-year Army vet suggestion: Gas mask situation at Army base

BddBlade

Would be nice if there was a decent chance to find an Army soldier zombie with a gas mask on, or stashed somewhere in the military base, seeing how the virus is believed to be airborne. 

I was in the Army for five years and having a supply of gas masks for every soldier on base is standard. If an airborne virus to the degree of zombification was a reality, you bet your bottom dollar Uncle Sam would have every soldier wearing a mask at all times. Thus, it’s odd to see soldier zombies not wearing them. I imagine this applies to fire fighters to some degree too. 

The reason I post this is because I have a save on insane difficulty, so becoming queasy is easy as lemon squeezy with a zillion dead bodies everywhere (especially at the military base), so a mod I subscribed to decreases the reduction rate of becoming queasy with masks on. Still, in reality you will find a plethora of gas masks at an Army base.

P.S In vanilla, gas masks and their respective filters ought to reduce the queasiness levels, so if this ever gets implemented, then the gas mask filters should be an item as well, and ought to need to get replaced, as those go bad over time. 

Thanks. :)

Edited by BddBlade
Title rework and other additional ideas.

• BddBlade changed the title to 5-year Army vet suggestion: Gas mask situation at Army base

Oh, yeah, that’s interesting. Yeah, the entire MOPP would DEFINITELY be worn in a situation like this. Hopefully the devs add that in.  

What’s weird is I’ve seen in some people’s play-throughs a zombie wearing a yellow hazmat suit at the military base, but I’ve never seen one in my gameplay, even with insane*4 spawns on. Maybe that suit is a mod too? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by BddBlade

Hazmat suit is a vanilla item. Don't think they're all that common nowadays.

They used to be more common, along with full spiffo mascot suits, and an unseasonly large amount of mall Santa's and xmas elf's.

They toned that down as build 41 was being worked on.

RNG can be wonky on some items in this game. One playthrough you may never see a certain outfit, or certain items at all, then find them in droves in another.