Freeze Attribute Apply to Items in Sacks

CaptKaspar

I tried placing vegetables that I had in a freezer into a sack and then placing the sack in the freezer. This worked as intended putting vegetables in the sack, but the vegetables began to thaw defeating the purpose. 

Being able to store sacks of vegetables in freezers/fridges would be realistic, practical, and potentially beneficial to trade/bartering when NPCs come out. 

Also, if the sacks could be renamed by what vegetables are in them, that would be helpful. For instance there are already "sack of potatoes" in the game. But if you put potatoes in a sack you just get a "sack" with a small icon indicating there's potatoes in it. 

You can rename sacks already, and last time I tried it you can freeze bags of food too - I used to freeze my renamed sacks all the time.  Not done it in a while, so maybe somthing has changed - I now play with 16x population, which which makes getting access to a gas station to run a generator somewhat difficult.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, Hugo Qwerty said:

You can rename sacks already, and last time I tried it you can freeze bags of food too - I used to freeze my renamed sacks all the time.  Not done it in a while, so maybe somthing has changed - I now play with 16x population, which which makes getting access to a gas station to run a generator somewhat difficult.

You're right. They do stay mostly frozen. The carrots I put in a sack in the freezer lost just a sliver of the frozen bar and I assumed it was dropping further. They did stay frozen, but never regained that sliver of frozen they lost after a day in the freezer. The carrots in the freezer and not in a sack had a full frozen bar. 

So vegetables do stay frozen in a sack that are placed in a freezer.

And yes you can manually rename a sack which is useful, but wouldn't be great if the sacks were automatically named like soups and stews?  Add some carrots to a sack and it becomes a "carrot sack". Mix some carrots and cabbage and it becomes a "vegetable sack" just like it does for soups and stews. Right now you have to manually change it and then change it again if you empty its contents and/or add something else to it. 

Not very important though