[Connection to the server was lost] Unable to host a game

DenkiBrandi

Question

I've been trying to work this out for fews days now(since the update). It's really frustrating because I can't play with my friend who just bought the game.

After creating the world, making character, Boom! "Connection to the server was lost".

I don't have any antivirus nor firewall running, double checked two ports that game requires, I tried to disable all mods and add them one by one(there is no conflict between mods) tried to host without mods(still NO) ,reinstall game, restart steam, reboot pc, etc.

It's kinda werid because sometimes the game runs just fine, I can join my friend's server and host my own game.

8 answers to this question

It seems like you had a lot of mods loaded in the last 5 logs of the game. We would need to see the error on a fully unmodded game.
First go to the Zomboid folder and then delete the "mods" folder located there.
After that, create a new settings file for the server, do not add any mods and just leave the default settings. Then try launching that server.

12 minutes ago, Beard said:

It seems like you had a lot of mods loaded in the last 5 logs of the game. We would need to see the error on a fully unmodded game.
First go to the Zomboid folder and then delete the "mods" folder located there.
After that, create a new settings file for the server, do not add any mods and just leave the default settings. Then try launching that server.

it runs pretty well, haven't got any errors. So does this mean the error is caused by mods?

logs.zip

Yeah that does seem very likely, though the logs do not seem to show any specific errors. But based on your description it is likely related to the character. So any mods that add traits for example or modify the character may cause the problems.
Any map mods or map additions could cause the problems as well.

41 minutes ago, Beard said:

Yeah that does seem very likely, though the logs do not seem to show any specific errors. But based on your description it is likely related to the character. So any mods that add traits for example or modify the character may cause the problems.

As you said, I go checked those maps and actually did found something that may cause errors, fixed that and the game runs perfectly.

But I'm still testing to see if the problem gonna appear again.

11 hours ago, Beard said:

sry for replying at this time, I got the problem again. It seems appear randomly. Last night I run into error again so I ragequit and go for sleep. Next day which is now, I boot up my game, load into that world, runs smooth as baby's bottom.

I checked the logs file, but just like you said before, it doesn't show any specific errors.

Hm, are you able to join any random servers when this happens? Since it could be a problem with the network if it just happens randomly. Meaning when you get the connection failed error, try connecting to a different server, will that work fine?

Archived