Calling getText() does not use my Translate file [Solved]

Ricks MLC

I have a mod working in PZ and I would like to have translations for it, but they don't work for me.  I have in the mod file path: Zomboid\Workshop\RicksMLCExcessiveExuberance\Contents\mods\ExcessiveExuberance\media\lua\shared\Translate\EN\IG_UI_EN.txt

IG_UI_EN = {
    RicksMLC_EE_TraitName = "Excessive Exuberance",
}

In my code I have:

getPlayer():SayDebug(getText("RicksMLC_EE_TraitName"))

which causes the player to say the literal string:  "RicksMLC_EE_TraitName" instead of "Excessive Exuberance"

The console.txt file states that the file has been loaded:

LOG  : Mod         , 1666399741340> loading RicksMLC_ExcessiveExuberanceMod
LOG  : Mod         , 1666399741346> mod "RicksMLC_ExcessiveExuberanceMod" overrides media/lua/shared/translate/en/ig_ui_en.txt

So I don't know why it would not work.  I compared my code to other mods like FuelAPI and I can't see anything special that I might be missing.  Is there anything I need to call to initialise the Translate to work, or some other API I need?

[Edit] I forgot to ask: Do the files in the Translate/EN ... etc directories need to be one of the several already named ones from the base PZ (eg IG_UI_EN.txt) or can it be named any .txt file (eg: RicksMLC_EE_EN.txt) and PZ will read it?

Edited by Ricks MLC
Added follow up question

• Ricks MLC changed the title to [Solved] Calling getText() does not use my Translate file
  • Ricks MLC changed the title to Calling getText() does not use my Translate file [Solved]