craftable writing things

eksynn

the ability to craft notebooks from sheets of paper with wire or a new item made from wires: spring, and the hole puncher that's marked as junk right now. alternative, string or twine.

and then journals from notebooks but half the materials, or from double the sheets of paper and other materials.

and then also handwritten books beyond that with twice as many pages as journals, that we can write on. (not the red books. or maybe replace those with handwritten books, iuno)

... and then the ability to set players to spawn with custom-written any-of-those.

by the way why are red books, newspapers, and magazines discarded when you finish reading them? please make it so they're less effective when reading them instead. they could be used for other purposes, even to just rip them apart into sheets of paper and string

Edited by eksynn

• 2 weeks later...

I think discarding reading materials is a balance/implementation issue. How are you realistically going to keep track of a player has read a magazine without creating a ton of overhead. Maybe they could diversify a bit so that there are different types of magazines and you get burn out and have to wait before reading more of a certain type?

But I agree at the very least we should be able to burn them after we are done. Which speaking of, why don't our characters enjoy reading skill books? I read non fiction all the time IRL and I do think its odd that a park ranger would not enjoy reading a book about foraging. Perhaps we should get mood buffs from reading trait boosted skill books?