Loot Respawn Mechanincs

Snelly

Question

I've scoured years of posts on here and reddit only to find that all answers for how to set loot respawn settings for dedicated servers all contradict each other. I've seen the following explanations:

Server ini

•  HoursForLootRespawn  variation #1 - That this setting is a hard timer for when loot will respawn in game, no matter what. The current tooltip in-game supports this as it states from the admin panel server settings: "...After X hours, loot always respawns. All containers restore loot at the same time"
  • HoursForLootRespawn  variation #2 - That this setting is the amount of hours loot will respawn back in RANDOMLY across containers.
  • HoursForLootRespawn  variation #3 - That if you enter an area (zone? tile?) before this is up, the time will reset and you'll have to wait again

Sandbox.lua

• Loot Respawn - That this will spawn items at the specified times (1 day, week, month, 2 months) and it will respawn items in containers randomly, not all at once.
  • Loot Seen Prevent Hours - The amount of time a player must stay out of a zone for loot to respawn. Is it zone or tile?

But how do they work together?

• This is the worst part. No one seems to know if you need HoursForLootRespawn on or Loot Respawn on for the opposite to work. The combinations above make it impossible to deduce how they interact with each other, especially if variation #2 is true for HoursForLootRespawn
  • Someone said that the sandbox Loot Respawn must be above 1 for HoursForLootRespawn to work. If that's true, does HoursForLootRespawn completely override Loot Respawn?
  • If so, does Loot See Prevent Hours work with HoursForLootRespawn? Else you have two different spawn timers working against each other.
  • Is loot respawned all at once or not? By which setting?

This is incredibly frustrating and I hope someone knows the answer! i stole this from an unaswered forum post from over a year ago! still no information I can find on the subject! 

1 answer to this question

From my understanding it goes like this:

HoursForLootRespawn - Loot respawns always on the whole map in the set time, it is set in in-game hours
Loot Respawn - Currently obsolete, singleplayer only, it doesn't even appear in the in game server settings.
Loot Seen Prevent Hours - The amount a player must stay out of a chunk, which would be a 10x10 area, once the timer expires the loot will follow the HoursForLootRespawn timer

Archived